Gibson Brands Forums

Best Amp for Epiphone Les Paul Standard with reasonable price!

I'm actually really don't know what type of amp i need to buy.

i just only want a amp with 20 watt with reasonable price and very compitable with les paul.

Can you all give me tips or suggestion.

reasonable mean under 130 u.s dollar.

thanks.

I'm actually really don't know what type of amp i need to buy.

i just only want a amp with 20 watt with reasonable price and very compitable with les paul.

Can you all give me tips or suggestion.

reasonable mean under 130 u.s dollar.

thanks.

try to get hold of a marshall avt20 or higher,great amps with that marshall vibe and crunch,best in the world period!

What sort of sounds do you want? What sort of music' date=' are there particular players you want to sound like? [/quote']

I'll love to hear sound like my chemical romance, avenged sevenfold, paramore, guns n roses.

Maybe Rock and Metal!

The Marshall AVT range are good value, I used to have one before I went up to all-tube. The distortion sound is better than the clean, and it sounds like that's what you'll be using most of the time.

Don't be tempted by the cheaper Marshall MG series...inferior sound and unreliable.

I'll love to hear sound like my chemical romance' date=' avenged sevenfold, paramore, guns n roses.

Maybe Rock and Metal![/quote']

Might I suggest a MARSHALL Practice amp? I own a similar one, quite happy

with tone, very adjustable. Hee, hee - a see a difference of opinion here

regarding Marshall MG series. I'll admit, my fave amp was a Musicman HD-130

all tube I used to own, but for the cash... Individual choice!

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-MG15-1x8-15W-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=501641

HEY!!!! I JUST SAW THAT THE ZAKK MARSHALL MINI-STACK HAS HAD $100.00

KNOCKED OFF, NOW ONLY $249.00!!!!!! BUT, for $150 more, I can have a 100W

all tube half-stack! Cash availability rules the day in the current economy!

I owned an MG100DFX, it was poor. Had 2 speakers and a fan replaced under warranty in first 8 months. I've also just got an MG15CD, one of the limited edition silver ones, for home practice. I'd give it 3 out of 10 for tone. MG series use quite low budget speakers and it shows, particular when you try for a clean sound.

I traded up to an AVT275X, and there was real improvement all round, and no reliability issues. AVTs are good for the money.

I traded up to an AVT275X' date=' and there was real improvement all round, and no reliability issues. AVTs are good for the money.

[/quote']+1 my thoughts exactly STAY AWAY FROM LINE 6 youll end up wanting a proper amp,if u must go modelling go for the vox valvetronix they are superior to the line 6 tosh

hurm' date=' from what i read here.

i just finded that marshall is brilliant for epiphone les paul and MG series are sux!

so i need more cash form marshall.

how about Line 6?[/quote']

I would go with a Vox Valvetronix or Peavey Vypyr. Both of those sound better to me than Line 6.

If you want to go all tube just get a used Epiphone Jr.

Go to a large guitar and amp store and spend the afternoon with YOUR guitar. You will come away with a choice. You will do better if you make two or three choices and then go read about what people say about the reliability and performance of the amp on your list before you buy. Don't buy on your first impression, check it out.

The Fender 25R is a nice amp, but it won't be loud enough for a band situation or even for jamming if there's a loud drummer present. Our rhythm player had one and upgraded to the 212R and finally to the Supersonic (all tube).

Here's my suggestion: Increase your budget. I know of no 20 watt amp for $130.

And if there IS...Stay the Hell away from it! ;>)

Seriously...you'll need to spend at least 2 times that amount, IMHO, to get

even close to "decent!" Look at Roland Cube amps...they're great, for the money,

and have decent tone. Tube amps, generally, will be much more expenive than 130 bucks!

Good luck!

CB

Archived