Gibson Brands Forums

A 1922 Gibson acoustic?

Naradien

Hey guys! I have a question... my guitar teacher recently met someone who is willing to sell him a 1922 gibson acoustic Mint condition and all with the certificates and stuff, for like 50 dollars. Do you guys know how much it would sell for to a collector or something. Im helping my teacher out , so I was sure that this is the number one place to get help and info. Thanks !

Hey guys! I have a question... my guitar teacher recently met someone who is willing to sell him a 1922 gibson acoustic Mint condition and all with the certificates and stuff' date=' for like 50 dollars. Do you guys know how much it would sell for to a collector or something. Im helping my teacher out , so I was sure that this is the number one place to get help and info. Thanks ![/quote']

Oh no, $50 is way too much for a 1922 Gibson acoustic. Tell him to pass.

hey surfpup' date=' what do you mean? Can't my teacher sell it to a collector for a whole bunch? Cause its like mint condition 1922 acoustic. Isn't it rare if its a 1922?[/quote']

Sarcasm, buddy.

I think its a fake too... $50 bucks? and he even bothered to drive with it to your teachers place so that he could check it out?

Here are my options

1.- the guy selling it is a morron... a complete retard.

2.- your teacher is a little deaf and he didnt hear the word "thousand" that acompained the word "fifty".

3.- Your name is PAPA LAZAROUS and you are just trying to smuggle more of your counterfeit sh¡t through the forum...

1 and 2 are very likely and understandable, and could very well go together.

If in fact 3 is the winner, then you got yourself in a very unconfortable situation...

CALLING THE DOGMANTHING... c'mon you crazy greek, I think its about time you showed up here and whiped the floor with those chinamen...

I have no idea what a pristine condition 1922 Gibson is worth, but it's a lot more than $50.00. Once more anyone owning something like that would have an idea of it's value, or would take the time to find out.

This sounds more like a "I heard from a friend of a friend that knows a guy" kind of story.

Actually, the guy selling it does not play guitars, so he doesn't know the price. The guy selling it actually picked it up at a garage sale for $10. However I did see that it was a 1922 gibson, and it was for 50 dollars, not 5000 (>.< Thundergod)

I gave less than $100 for my Strat, with a hardshell case.... so it does happen, I guess.

But to answer your original question, Naradien, simply replace "1922 Gibson acoustic in mint condition, complete with certificates" with ..... "a diamond as big as an ostritch egg, complete with GSA certificate" and make your own decision. It should amount to about the same thing, monetarily speaking.

Tell your teacher Gratz on the windfall #-o

I gave less than $100 for my Strat' date=' with a hardshell case.... so it does happen, I guess.

Why didn't you call me for that strat!? [/quote']

/chuckle Why on earth would I do that? =D>

Archived