Gibson Brands Forums

FIL has a huge stash of old tubes !!!

Hmmmmmmm .......... my father-in-law just informed me, after I was going on about my tube amp, that he has 3 LARGE boxes of old tubes in his basement he's been saving for decades (he's a packrat, saves everything - still has computers that have 5 1/4" floppy drives and no harddrive...LOL) He has all kinds of old crap just sitting down there... ANYway, am going to go over and dig in, one of these days, see what all he's got down there :) .... hell, maybe I'll just take them all off of his hands and take my time going through them - he used to build radios and stereo amps, perhaps there's something of use to me or someone else. My mother-in-law would appreciate my doing so....LOL

If you find any ECC83's stamped Telefunken be very careful. These tubes are very sensitive and highly dangerous and need to be disposed of professionally. Post them to me in appropriate packaging and I will dispose of them safely for you in a special box of electronic parts which has been designed specifically for that purpose. The same applies to ECC83 tubes marked Mullard Blackburn and 12AX7's marked Amperex! :)

If you find any ECC83's stamped Telefunken be very careful. These tubes are very sensitive and highly dangerous and need to be disposed of professionally. Post them to me in appropriate packaging and I will dispose of them safely for you in a special box of electronic parts which has been designed specifically for that purpose. The same applies to ECC83 tubes marked Mullard Blackburn and 12AX7's marked Amperex! :)
Ummm, OK...yeah, sure:^o

If you find any ECC83's stamped Telefunken be very careful. These tubes are very sensitive and highly dangerous and need to be disposed of professionally. Post them to me in appropriate packaging and I will dispose of them safely for you in a special box of electronic parts which has been designed specifically for that purpose. The same applies to ECC83 tubes marked Mullard Blackburn and 12AX7's marked Amperex! :D

LMAO!!!:-$

If you find any ECC83's stamped Telefunken be very careful. These tubes are very sensitive and highly dangerous and need to be disposed of professionally. Post them to me in appropriate packaging and I will dispose of them safely for you in a special box of electronic parts which has been designed specifically for that purpose. The same applies to ECC83 tubes marked Mullard Blackburn and 12AX7's marked Amperex! :-

you forgot to mention the HUGE danger that RCA and HAMMOND tubes pose. these should be sent to me, my facilities are sufficient to contain their.... hazard... :)

Archived