Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Les Paul Standard.

SeanBlazer

I know it's a real guitar from Epiphone because I looked up the Serial Number. And it says on the back of it it's a Epiphone Custom Shop and it's a Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top in Wine Red. From what i've seen it's a normal color that used to be sold. Was it Limited Edition or something? Is there something added to it other than the color that makes it Custom Shop? Also, I took the Pick Guard off of it because I like the way it looks this way.

Picture: 003432.jpg

Serial Code: EE080307190 which is on the Headstock in Gold.

P.S. I don't have a picture of the headstock because the Camera died before I could take a picture of it. =;

The picture quality is not real good, but it looks like a nice guitar.

I'm sure you're going to love it!

Congrats, and welcome to the forum. A lot of knowledgeable people here.

And, you can leave your pickguard on, or off with no discrimination here!! :-)

I know it's a real guitar from Epiphone because I looked up the Serial Number.

Unfortunately that's not the way it works. It's pretty easy to come up with a legit Epi serial and the place where you looked it up only checks the format of the number; it has no way of telling if the guitar itself is legit or not. Here's a bunch of serials I just made up:

EE080501234

U02129999

S4085309

Check 'em. Lemme know if any of them are rejected.

Thanks for the warm welcoming. And yeah, I love it, hard to pry it from my hands. And also all the numbers were accepted. I'm pretty sure it's legit. I got it from an authorized Gibson/Epiphone dealer. I'm curious to why it's a custom shop though. I can understand that the color might make it Custom Shop I guess, but all the Custom Shop style guitars i've seen sold are on seperate pages, the site I found a picture of this LP on was in being sold with the normal Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Tops. So would it being a different color make it a Custom Shop or something? I'm pretty sure it has the same pickups as the other Standards. But I don't know any past that. When I got it, it even had the Epiphone Limited Lifetime Warranty seal on it, although in these days technology could replicate it probably to fake it being legit. Anyone have any info if it has any differences from the other Standard Plus Tops other than the Wine Red color?

Looks to be a doctored up Les paul Studio in Worn Cherry with nice pickups that have covers.

Looks like a Limited Edition Les Paul Studio.

Does it say 'Standard' on the truss rod cover?

Has Trapezoid Inlays but um....

That top has the lines going up and down, not across.

Looks like a Studio model from where I'm sitting.

Nice that you got it from a store

It Looks Cool!

Yeah, it has Standard on the Truss Rod Cover. It is actually a better finish than that in the picture. The camera for some reason got rid of the shine of it and brought out the wood grain for some reason I don't understand :-s It's got all the features of a Standard, even had the thing on the Pups where it said Double Vacuum Waxed and stuff like that, and it said Alnico Magnets or how ever you spell Alnico lol. I don't think it's a Studio because I don't think the Studio has Cream Binding on it. Also I believe it came straight from the factory when I bought it. At least that's how it was sold.

I gotta agree with Gas Jones it does look like a studio, and they did make a few with those Trapezoid Inlays (maybe where that custom shop comes from) Didn't think they made them as new as 2008 tho....good news is it does look like a real Epi and by getting it from an authorized Gibson/Epiphone dealer you can be pretty sure it's for real...they may have guilted the lilly there a bit by saying it was a standard, still a nice guitar. Enjoy and welcome to the forum Houndstooth

Capt

Thanks for the welcome. And also, when I get my Laptop to working i'll take a higher quality picture of it. Can anyone confirm if the Studio had Cream Binding? I plan on going to somewhere, and bringing my guitar with me and comparing it to a Standard and see if it gets the same exact tone. I know it's not the 100% perfect way to confirm it's a Standard, but it's the only idea I have. Also, this has a Set Neck, does the Studio have a set neck? EDIT: Also, I can confirm there was a Wine Red Les Paul Standard Plus Top by looking at a picture on a heavily used site. I ain't telling what site because I read the rules and didn't see anything about not posting links to sites, but i've used other forums where that rule wasn't shown and I was banned for posting a picture of a guitar and it was a Guitar Forum. Also, the Studio doesn't seem to have Cream Binding.

Nope studios don't have the binding...I just couldn't see any binding in the picture you posted.

Checking tone for tone gonna just mess you up that much more....lol Every guitar has it's own tone due so many things that could be just a bit off from the other. If you got it at an Epi/Gibby store you are fine and I am sure it's a very nice guitar...just play and enjoy it Houndstooth!

Capt

Yeah, doesn't matter to me much if it's real or not. All I know is next time I get a guitar i'm going to research the death out of it more than I did with this LP. This thing has an amazing tone and an amazing feel. I can easily say this is the nicest guitar forum i've ever been on. Thank you all very much for the help. And I shall be active on these forums :-s And yes, if you wondered, the poster behind the Guitar is a Shrek 3 Poster lol.

Welcome to the forum from another "Rebel"!!! I'm close to Anniston.

Don't let some of these folks get you worked up.........if you got it from a dealer, it's real.

as far as "Custom Shop"........its just a sticker they put on any guitar thats a special color,

Epi doesn't HAVE a real custom shop.

Hope you enjoy it........turn down the bass on your amp, & the stock pickups will shriek!!!!

Archived