Gibson Brands Forums

My Joe Pass Epi Upgrades

mrauzz2

Hey all,

Thought I'd share a picture of my guitar after getting some work done. I've had my left handed Joe Pass for 6 months or so and absolutely love it. The best hollow body lefty without spending some big bucks. I had some intonation problems that I couldn't stand (and it turns out the bridge was sliding down twords the neck over time). So I threw 250 down for a shop in Seattle to install a new Gibson Nashville Bridge, a new footing because the original wasn't thick enough and pinned down the new one. The only downside is the tone a bit different and the guitar doesn't resonate as well as it used to. (That can also be taken as a good thing)

BigginsGuitar01.jpg

First show with the new upgrades... with some blood of course :P

I get into it a little too much, and my picking hand gets in the way, lol. I noticed blood about half way through our set, so I think next time I'll get a fresh pick and see if it helps.

D'Addario 11-49s. Haven't broken a string yet with these :)

Damn!!! Blood on the axe...and they call ME Maniak!!!Seriously though ,,,she's a beauty!!Always wnted one of those ever since they came out ,,but im a rocker mostly and i keep buying solid bodies,,SGs being my latest fetish.

MY Noisemakers:

Epiphone 2008 Sg Custom Prophecy GX

Epiphone 2003 Korina G-400 Sg

Epiphone 1998 Korina Explorer

Epiphone 1998 Korina Flying V

BC Rich 1981 Maple Mockingbird Handmade

Ibanez 1976 Stratocaster

Gibson 1968 Les Paul Custom

Charvel Fretless Bass

Washburn Lyon P bass

Guild Madiera P-600 Jumbo Acoustic

Applause A-25 Acoustic