Gibson Brands Forums

New to the board, new to Epiphone.

welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of epiphone. the les paul series are very nice and you geetar is looking quite nice. enjoy it to your fullest and have fun on the forum. we have alot of great folks here and alot of great answers to very good questions, concern and what have you.

Welcome and post pics of all your guitars. it is always great to see what folks play. epi or not!!!!

That's a beautiful guitar you've got there! Welcome to the chunky side!

As for wanting to be Slash, luckily because he has no distinguishing features at all, you can put on a hat, wig and sunglasses and actually BE Slash as far as anyone can tell!

I'm using a lot of exclamation marks!

As Wardog said, let's see pictures of your other geets too!

Welcome to the world of set necks and humbuckers.

I was strictly a Strat man for years. Still play my Fenders at home and at the occasional open mic night, but for serious gigs it's a couple of Gibsons.

If I'd realised how good some of the Epi LPs were I'd have bought one years earlier. The Gibsons were out of my price range until recently, whereas Fenders were affordable.

Thanks for the welcome fellas!

The Epi is my one and only,.....

Parted with my Lake Placid Blue 60's classic to help fund this.

Love the neck, super smooth and chunky! 12" fret board, HOLY CRAP!

And to think, I really liked the 7.5" radius, this is going to take a bit to get used to.

But, so far,....... I like it!

Welcome Slash ! Hope you enjoy the forum and will contribute from time to time. Honestly though ; those Slash models are total pieces of crap that I wouldn't wipe my butt with. But, because I'm a nice guy , I will offer you $100 for it so it won't be a total loss for you. Seriously dude; that is a beautiful guitar and I would be proud to have it in my collection. Hope you get years of enjoyment from it.

Welcome aboard! I hear tell them "Slashers" are the schitt! I had an opportunity to try one at our local sh1t...er, Guitar Center, and what impressed me most after getting around their crappy set up, was the fatness of it's sound...it sounded like mine, and mines been tweaked a little bit (pickups, bridge, tail, guts etc. etc.). Yours has a real nice flame going on. I grabbed a Strat over the holidays, but pretty much knock around the house with it...'course that's pretty much all I do with my Epi (pictured below). But were I to play out,I'd bring along 'ol Blue!

Why, thank you! It's proper name is "my most beloved, and trusted 'Blue Bomber'", mods are as follows:

Truss cover off my '06 Gibson SG Standard, just to mess with people

Frets dressed

Pickups, '70's Gibson "T-tops" with a "mod" to those (covers removed, gold pole screws installed)

Bridge, Gotoh

Tail, Gibson TP6 milled for Epi posts

Switchcraft toggle with coffee stained tip

Allparts gold Witch hat knobs with silver inserts

While not a fan of gold hardware, I do dig gold accents. I thought about doing the pickup ring screws gold also, aint got 'round to it yet though. So far the stock pots are holding up pretty good, so I'm gonna leave 'em be 'til I have to change something.

Archived