For the Epi Les Paul Signature (Model ENL 5), the 2009 Blue Book says:

60% (Good) = $325

70% (Very Good) = $400

80% (Very Good+) = $400

80% (Excellent) = $500

95% (Excellent+) = $550

98% (Mint) = $625

Last MSRP = $1,299 (1998-2000)

PS: I like it and if I had $500 kicking around would get it. Seems to be fairly rare and probably won't lose much if any value. Might even go up...

Is it fair to pay like 500.00 for one of these?

Thanks for the help guys!!!!!!!!

I had a gold one for awhile:

lp%20pro%20full.jpg

The original low impedance pickups had been swapped out for P-90s, so I can't comment on how they sound. But the guitar itself is very nice, $500 seems like a good price if it's in decent condition.

I had a gold one for awhile. The original low impedance pickups had been swapped out for P-90s' date=' so I can't comment on how they sound. But the guitar itself is very nice, $500 seems like a good price if it's in decent condition. [/quote']

Jerry, I notice your gold one had one varitone switch like a BB King, but the one in unreal's photo has two. Which one is factory or are they just different versions?

Jerry' date=' I notice your gold one had one varitone switch like a BB King, but the one in unreal's phot has two. Which one is factory or are they just different versions?[/quote']

Mine was not original. The actual pickups are low impedance, and the two chicken head knobs are used to control the way they sound. I actually still have the plastic rings, one say 50 250 500, the other says IN OUT on the top and PHASE on the bottom. Since I never had the pickups, I don't know the actual effect of those two knobs.

The original owner of the one I had put Lollar P-90s custom installed because one of the original pickups had died. He still had the two rotary switches on it, but they weren't connected. So I put a varitone in it, but the third knob was just a dummy.

Mine was not original. The actual pickups are low impedance' date=' and the two chicken head knobs are used to control the way they sound. I actually still have the plastic rings, one say 50 250 500, the other says IN OUT on the top and PHASE on the bottom. Since I never had the pickups, I don't know the actual effect of those two knobs.

The original owner of the one I had put Lollar P-90s custom installed because one of the original pickups had died. He still had the two rotary switches on it, but they weren't connected. So I put a varitone in it, but the third knob was just a dummy.[/quote']

Gotcha, thanks.

I had a gold one for awhile:

lp%20pro%20full.jpg

The original low impedance pickups had been swapped out for P-90s' date=' so I can't comment on how they sound. But the guitar itself is very nice, $500 seems like a good price if it's in decent condition. [/quote']Me too (actually mine was a gibson)! Wish I still had it. I played it in my college band oh so many years ago.

And if one came up and I had the $$, I'd definitely get one again. However take a look at THIS. These are made in the Peerless plant in Korea. Check out the "Bird of Prey" model.

Me too (actually mine was a gibson)! Wish I still had it. I played it in my college band oh so many years ago.

And if one came up and I had the $$' date=' I'd definitely get one again. However take a look at THIS. These are made in the Peerless plant in Korea. Check out the "Bird of Prey" model.

Yeah, the one I had was made by the Peerless factory. I guess they kept the tooling. There's also a Turser Cleoparta and an Eastwood Savannah (I think that's what they're called) that had a similar shape body, but they were made in China.

l_e947377da916a9fdadb884b27678fd2c.jpg

Archived