Gibson Brands Forums

AL-355 users, Are we just being that picky ?

Crappy

I think $3,318.00 is actually a pretty good indication that the guitar is holding well. The other two that sold on ebay for $4k were brand new and were bought at the height of people trying to score this model. This one was listed as Used and had very little description as to the condition of the guitar. Even with that, it came close to Musicians Friend over-inflated price of $3,699.00. For a guitar to come within $300.00 of the street price when listed as Used, still indicates a demand.

So.....Al 039 goes for 3318.00......how about that turkeyT & VRob.........still think it's just a little secret amoung the people of this thread?

Why wouldn't I? With a little work' date=' a brand new one can still be had - wait 'til they're all gone before you start paying attention to the auction prices.

Plus, notice how personally important it is to you now that the guitar be perceived negatively. You've taken up a cause. It's now an article of faith for you that the guitar stinks and it's important for you to convince people who disagree with you. Do you really think VRob or I care what's happening on eBay? Why do you? Why haven't you sold [i']your[/i] guitar on eBay yet?

](*,)

Why wouldn't I? With a little work' date=' a brand new one can still be had - wait 'til they're all gone before you start paying attention to the auction prices.

Plus, notice how personally important it is to you now that the guitar be perceived negatively. You've taken up a cause. It's now an article of faith for you that the guitar stinks and it's important for you to convince people who disagree with you. Do you really think VRob or I care what's happening on eBay? Why do you? Why haven't you sold [i']your[/i] guitar on eBay yet?

Amen, TurkeyT. I could not have said it better. If these people really have that much disgust for their ALs, why don't they just rid themselves of this albatross of a guitar? When the last of the new ones are finally sold, I think we'll see the prices steadily increase. You nailed it - I think a few owners are hell-bent on hating the guitar no matter what, despite it's many virtues. I've said it before - for some, there is no satisfaction.

Archived