Gibson Brands Forums

Well, I have the RIGHT amps for me, but have not yet found a one in all amp....or that does it all. Either *I* like the dirty side ok and not the clean or the other way around....as I said to me and my ears.

So with that, and because of that, I'll probably always need some kind of pedal....for now. Anyhow,LOL... I'll probably be the only disagree vote.

BTW.....I'm thinking you are only referring to OD and Distortion pedals....them are the ones I'm referring to above . Delays, Reverbs(if the amp don't have none), and other modulation type pedals could always be a good addition and maybe a need for some regardless of the amp IMO...especially if you do covers or reguire a lot of different sounds.

I really prefer to have some sort of boost on the floor, for solos. I generally use a homebrew pedal that has a klon clone, a crunchbox clone, and a fat booster clone. I could easily get by with just the Klon for soloing, since it's already covering about 85-90% of the workload. If I weren't gigging, I could certainly get by just fine w/o.

I'm already down to a tuner and a tube screamer with the Roland Cube 60. As soon as I get though playing with my Vypyr at home and start gigging with it, they will stay in the gig bag.

All you need to play EVH is a slow phaser, an overdriven amp, and your palm and fingers. A whammy bar is nice...

Everything made (including amps and including $$$$ amps) can be improved upon.

Why settle for xxx flavors when you can have xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx? Or maybe I'm just too multi-toned for my own good?

Not that you need a lot -- you can do a lot with very little -- if, if you have the right/quality gear and a good ear.

...so I completely disagree.

Hit every BLUE NOTE baaaby..., I'm going to play on:-"

Archived