Gibson Brands Forums

New Sheraton II Has Landed!

Well I'm re-posting this gents. :-

I picked her up today and have run the S/N's = Made in Unsung Korea, April 2009 w/3 piece maple neck. It is an absolutely stunning guitar, got a set up into the sale price and it plays beautifully; I can't say enough good things about these. I did try some Gibby ES-335's just for the hell of it and the Gibby was very nice also - but the Sherry holds it's own I have to say and I came away with the guitar wanted. :D/

Uprades to follow - 57's, new wiring and switches + Bigsby.

The maple figured finish is actually gorgeous ... the caramel/honey burst works for me I have to say and blends so well with the gold hardware that I'm keeping the gold as is; it doesn't stick out at all on this finish - it gleams like the highlights of honeyed goodness which only serves to underpin her classy curves. She takes her place beside my Gretsch.

So without further ado ...

Epi_6.JPG

Epi_7.JPG

Epi_11.JPG

Epi_9.JPG

Epi_20.JPG

Epi_19.JPG

Epi_18.JPG

Epi_28.JPG

Best, Tiki.

Thanks Paruwi and Blues Man,

Yes, this guitar is Korean made, the sticker on the back says so and the factory code ( 21 = Unsung ) in the serial number also confirms this - I think this may be the last run of the Korean made Sherry's during the changeover to Chinese production.

I love it! #-o

Thanks Paruwi and Blues Man' date='

Yes, this guitar is Korean made, the sticker on the back says so and the factory code ( 21 = Unsung ) in the serial number also confirms this - I think this may be the last run of the Korean made Sherry's during the changeover to Chinese production.

I love it! #-o[/quote']

The Unsung factory made my Ebony Sherri............

It is exquisitely built, and the tone holds it's own against, and/or actually beats my Gibsons.

Once again, congrats on a BEAUTIFUL purchase, that will no doubt keep you smiling for years to come.

Thanks gents for all the kind words ... I need some advice now. Initially I was thinking 57's but after a little more research and knowing the nature of this guitar a bit better after playing it here is what I'm looking for.

# - For the bridge I want something a bit hot with a tight bottom end and relative clarity for chord work with dirt. I'm going for less of a fat bluesy sound and a bit tighter and edgy in the neck.

# - Something that also cleans up nicely in the bridge.

# - For the neck something warm and jazzy.

What PU's would work in your opinion given those criterion? I was initially thinking a hot P90 in the neck might be for me in this guitar. I don't like woolly sounds at all even in the neck ... perhaps a P90 in the neck also? This is a tough one. Are there any HH combo's that might fit the bill also?

Thanks, Tiki.

Thanks gents for all the kind words ... I need some advice now. Initially I was thinking 57's but after a little more research and knowing the nature of this guitar a bit better after playing it here is what I'm looking for.

# - For the bridge I want something a bit hot with a tight bottom end and relative clarity for chord work with dirt. I'm going for less of a fat bluesy sound and a bit tighter and edgy in the neck.

# - Something that also cleans up nicely in the bridge.

# - For the neck something warm and jazzy.

What PU's would work in your opinion given those criterion? I was initially thinking a hot P90 in the neck might be for me in this guitar. I don't like woolly sounds at all even in the neck ... perhaps a P90 in the neck also? This is a tough one. Are there any HH combo's that might fit the bill also?

Thanks' date=' Tiki.

[/quote']

I don't know if they make these in a covered model, & if not, they'd definitely detract from the appearance, BUT what you're describing sounds a lot like Gibsons 496R/500T set, as comes stock in their Flying-V's........

Over the (soon to be) 35 years i've been playing, i've never heard a more articulate set of p'ups (clean OR dirty).

Congrats! Nice looking Sherry. Very nice grain on it too. Many of the new ones look really blah, not yours. I have the same finish on mine and I love it. I was thinking of changing everything to chrome rather than gold, but decided against it. The gold just looks so right on this guitar. I added a B70 and that really makes it look even sharper now, along with some other cosmetic changes. You will get many years of enjoyment out of her.

Archived