Gibson Brands Forums

bad service

jerome_travis

Just wondering' date=' how many of you have experienced extremely [b']torrid[/b] service? I dont know what it is like all across the globe, but I absolutely HATE bad service from the music shops, bad experience, anyone?

tor-rid - 1 a : parched with heat especially of the sun : hot <torrid sands> b : giving

off intense heat : scorching

2 : ardent, passionate <torrid love letters>

WTF?

smart *** - 1 a : Someone who is sacastic, in a cutting yet witty manner. A person capable of making a remark that could be interpreted as a insult or a joke depending on the sensitivity of the listener and the specific situation. A smart *** is not necessarily a bad person just usually perceptive. ( For terms to refer to an offensive, cruel and asinine person see Jerk, Asshole , idiot, fool etc.)

2 : a person who makes sure every word they type is spelled or used correctly so they can diss other members online for grammar, spelling and other mistakes.

At my Guitar Center here in Phoenix, Arizona, I am usually treated like royalty when I am there. This is because I am in there almost every weekend buying something... Sometimes very expensive somethings.

A few weekends ago I was in there a little later than I am usually, and ended up with some sales guy I had never seen before. I needed a non-floating bridge guitar that day, and the whole time we are making the deal, I felt like I was being scammed, lied to, and just all around uncomfortable with this sales person.

Then to make things worse, I found a better deal online for the two guitars and cases I eventually bought. I brought the add into Guitar Center, and of course they honored it without question (I saved $350.00 in the end; Two free cases and $50.00 off each guitar.). But after they credited my card, I mistakenly walked away thinking it was all done. Then I realized that they had not credited me for the cases. So I walked back to this sales person, and he is actually leaning on a case looking at me walk up to him again (After just walking away from him 2 minutes before mind you), when I say "I think you guys made a mistake with the cases being credited", and he then says "Ooooooohh yeah, I almost forgot ... (Picks up the case he was leaning on, and one other one just feet away from him) we are going to give you these Road Runner cases free". He knew all along, and actually allowed me to walk away from the counter hoping I would not realize this. Then only when I walked back to the counter, and actually had to say something first as well, did he say or do anything.

Dishonest jerk that I will never deal with again. I only deal with "Wally" the guitar manager, or one of the actual store managers now. They are all really cool, and really up front/easy to deal with. I was going to say something to this sales jerks' boss since I knew them so well already, but I just could not jeopardize some one's lively hood like that. I should probably say something eventually though, huh? As it is bad for return business I would think, no?

Now, if you are talking about service, as in someone working on your guitars, then I do not have any bad experiences with that. This is mostly because I do most of that work myself, and anything really major I would take to a professional that I knew was worth his weight in salt before I ever even considered taking any of my babies to them.

Frog-

Yup... Dime a dozen! The chickensh!t probly thought he had pulled a real slick one and even

though you called 'em on it, You'd figure 9 out of 10 people wouldn't even consider that crap.

There's always one sorry friggin' jerk to contend with somehow, someway... Believe I'd have

had his damned job! Ought to be out there diggin' ditches gettin' his mind right... People like

that should be forced to wear a trophy boot in their a$$ out in public for awhile!! Bust 'em

and Boot 'em...

If one is going to insult somebody for being wrong I would say that it's a good idea to make absolutely sure they're wrong first.

Meaning:

1 : very hot and usually dry ? a torrid summer ? torrid weather

2 : showing or expressing very strong feelings especially of sexual or romantic desire ? a torrid [=passionate] love affair

3 Brit : very difficult, uncomfortable, or unpleasant ? The team had a torrid time trying to score.

http://www.learnersdictionary.com/search/torrid

Threadjack: To take over the content of a message thread by changing the subject of discourse to a topic outside the purview of the original subject and/or forum, while maintaining the subject line.

I dont go to GC much, but the service is usually quite good...too good sometimes.

The bad service I've dealt with recently is actually from the mom & pop type store that I bought my EBM from years ago. It used to be a great little place back in the day. It has switched owners several times in the past decade, and now you are hard pressed to get someone to look up from ther Guitar World magazine. Oh well. They are over-priced these days anyway.

We have 2 Guitar Centers over here, where I live. One in Warwick,R.I. and the other one in North Attleboro, Mass. I have nothing but high praise for the Warwick,R.I. store where every time I have been there, I have been treated with respect and have had my needs attended to immediately without having to endure any long waits. North Attleboro on the other had, is the complete opposite. I used to enjoy going there because it's a lot closer from my house (9 miles), but within the last several years, the quality of the customer service has gone downhill. I've seen salesmen looking for values of used equipment on E-Bay instead of the Blue Book which is suppossed to be the industry standard. Anything to screw a customer over, I guess. I stay away from there and only go there if I don't have any other choice.

It might be my being anal but I generally seem to leave music shops feeling a little displeased with the staff within. Sure, there are some good shops but it's startling how many are rather poor. Very often they seem determined to make the quick sale and not give a damn about their after sales care. I've recently had an online shop be very rude with me a couple of times after ordering from them. Needless to say, they'll not get another penny out of me.

But . . . you're the guy who walked away without the cases. How is the clerk responsible for that? Seems to me that they treated you fairly well, considering you dickered with them with an online price and they agreed to meet it. I don't see how you were treated poorly. If you made a deal it's your responsibility to see to it that the deal is completed accurately. Could be the clerk was stupid, or not. But were it me, I'd sure have made sure I had all the stuff I paid for before leaving the counter.

Then to make things worse' date=' I found a better deal online for the two guitars and cases I eventually bought. I brought the add into Guitar Center, and of course they honored it without question (I saved $350.00 in the end; Two free cases and $50.00 off each guitar.). But after they credited my card, I mistakenly walked away thinking it was all done. Then I realized that they had not credited me for the cases. So I walked back to this sales person, and he is actually leaning on a case looking at me walk up to him again (After just walking away from him 2 minutes before mind you), when I say "I think you guys made a mistake with the cases being credited", and he then says "Ooooooohh yeah, I almost forgot ... (Picks up the case he was leaning on, and one other one just feet away from him) we are going to give you these Road Runner cases free". He knew all along, and actually allowed me to walk away from the counter hoping I would not realize this. Then only when I walked back to the counter, and actually had to say something first as well, did he say or do anything.

Dishonest jerk that I will never deal with again. I only deal with "Wally" the guitar manager, or one of the actual store managers now. They are all really cool, and really up front/easy to deal with. I was going to say something to this sales jerks' boss since I knew them so well already, but I just could not jeopardize some one's lively hood like that. I should probably say something eventually though, huh? As it is bad for return business I would think, no?

.[/quote']

Archived