Gibson Brands Forums

Fake Epiphone and Gibson website

mgrasso

I'm not sure if this has been covered here before.

A buddy of mine found this and sent it to me this morning.

I cannot access the site from my work location (firewall issue, I'm sure),

but I can access it through my iPhone.

http://www.eepiphone.com/

This shows huge balls.

Building and posting a website and actually sell them over the internet on a site that looks legit.

Mark

well guys, funny thing to say abou this site, there is a local guitar show small mom and pop opperation that i go to , mainly for setups and what have you, and while they were tinkern on one of my guits i walked around the store and played some things, they have a few gibbys, some reverends, and some finders, very high priced items, and while i was playn a les paul the kid workn came in and said "hey man we got 3 more LP's if u wana take a look" i said sure, he brings in 3 hardshell cases that say gibby usa on them, takes one out, i was floored it was biggy supreme, then the other one was the slash snake pit, and the other just a lp standard in sweet tea burts, all fine guitars, look them over everything was good, plugd them in .....not the greatest tone, so i said wat gives he said 600 for anyone of those i wanted.........then the owner walked in and said that he got them off that site after he had meet the guy at a guitar meet or somthn and the guitars are all epiphone just with gibby headstock!! he even pulled out the pups and showed me that they have epi stamed on them, i guess that what china does

well guys' date=' funny thing to say abou this site, there is a local guitar show small mom and pop opperation that i go to , mainly for setups and what have you, and while they were tinkern on one of my guits i walked around the store and played some things, they have a few gibbys, some reverends, and some finders, very high priced items, and while i was playn a les paul the kid workn came in and said "hey man we got 3 more LP's if u wana take a look" i said sure, he brings in 3 hardshell cases that say gibby usa on them, takes one out, i was floored it was biggy supreme, then the other one was the slash snake pit, and the other just a lp standard in sweet tea burts, all fine guitars, look them over everything was good, plugd them in .....not the greatest tone, so i said wat gives he said 600 for anyone of those i wanted.........then the owner walked in and said that he got them off that site after he had meet the guy at a guitar meet or somthn and the guitars are all epiphone just with gibby headstock!! he even pulled out the pups and showed me that they have epi stamed on them, i guess that what china does [/quote']

Sorry bud, but this is the fakest crap I've ever seen...

http://www.eepiphone.com/ProductShow.asp?ArticleID=1

Sorry bud' date=' but this is the fakest crap I've ever seen...

http://www.eepiphone.com/ProductShow.asp?ArticleID=1[/quote']

I think it looks pretty authentic, and the owner may be right about getting contract work from Quigdao. Copyright and trademark laws are nonexistent and/or unenforceable in China. Plus they have a fairly cavalier attitude toward intellectual property and ownership of designs and inventions. Probably would have been better if Gibson/Epi had stayed in Korea.

But buyer beware - there's a high likelihood that the items in the photos are not what you will receive. Since they can't spell, it is highly probable that they don't speak English as well. Then whatcha gonna do Willis? Go over to China and smack em'?

Hardly. They sell Gibsons incl HC for $320' date=' and some of these models [i']never went in production[/i] except as oneoffs for a certain artist, ie. the Black/Chrome Zakk Wylde Bullseye.

I was just referring to the Epi Black Beauty in the previous link. Try to keep up Ric....

I think it looks pretty authentic' date=' and the owner may be right about getting contract work from Quigdao. Copyright and trademark laws are nonexistent and/or unenforceable in China. Plus they have a fairly cavalier attitude toward intellectual property and ownership of designs and inventions. Probably would have been better if Gibson/Epi had stayed in Korea.

But buyer beware - there's a high likelihood that the items in the photos are not what you will receive. Since they can't spell, it is highly probable that they don't speak English as well. Then whatcha gonna do Willis? Go over to China and smack em'?[/quote']

This is anything but authentic....

notlegit.jpg

Stickers are absolutely Wrong...wrong size and if you've ever seen the real ones the typeface is off..

the big giveaway is the first two letters of the serial number are bigger than the numbers themselves.

Woww... this double "E" is an eriee site to see... I don't know about the copyright law in China but they very good and fast in copycat everything... their electronics are good for a short time only... the pictures looks very promising, but with that very cheap price,... well you jugde it yourself... You are the master of your choice, I quote; "you pay nuts, you get mongkeys".

This is anything but authentic....

notlegit.jpg

Stickers are absolutely Wrong...wrong size and if you've ever seen the real ones the typeface is off..

the big giveaway is the first two letters of the serial number are bigger than the numbers themselves.

No doubt not good enough to fool the Epi experts om this forum, but good enough to fool 99 out 100 kids that visit their site. And it's not Like Epiphone is the pargon of inspection sticker or serial number consistency....

i think when we are saying authentic ( i dont mean to speak for everyone here) I mean that they have the exact specifications and blue prints, CAD files and what have you to produce the exact same guitar as epiphone....not gibson because those are made here in the U.S. it is simply an epiphone body that they cut gibson headstock out of ......im not saying that the QC is as good , prob not at all good, but i think these if examined prob are epiphone copies with excat specifications......and any who from what ive read on here i dont think the Epi China plant has any better QC than these guys prob........and like i said the guitars i tried out at that store were deff nothing increadable you get what u pay for..if u pay 300 bones for a Fake Gibby, your gonna get a $300 fake gibby, it looks nice but you will prob have to put at least $200 into it to get it to be anything decent......as far as I am concernd these for the price...also given a diff economy.....would be awsome guitars to have just on display around the house, or to decor the studio hang em on the walls as art there just replicas

That black beauty could be a b-stock with a bit of wood filler over the 2nd stamp...a dab of black coat and new serial # ..stickers and all and who really knows the difference? Hopefully I will if I ever come upon one.

In retrospect

Things got real bad on E-Bay a couple of years ago

The experts that first pointed these things out to me sometime last year were very in depth. You know who you are and I thank you for it.

When I posted a similar link on the Gibson Lounge forum the mod removed it immediately, at the request of our host, Gibson. Their position is that, no matter how much we bag these guys for frauds, there's the possibility that someone inexperienced will see the link, go to the site, and be taken in by the counterfeiters. Mind you, this site had pink-sparkle Lester customs...Gibbys, no less. All "genuine".

ROFL on that site' date=' the Epiphone Black Beauty is more expensive than the Gibson Black Beauty!! I knew Epiphone was better than Gibson :-P[/quote']

That's what I noticed! And yet another funny thing is, it's and "epihone" site with only one epiphone available!

Archived