Gibson Brands Forums

EEPIOHONE.COM???????!!!!

MaxHart85231281734137

so heres my question i am pretty sure that there was a post on here titled "fake gibson epiphone website", and i posted a comment on it only a few hours ago and now the thread has gone missing????????? Did Barak Obama not like what was being said and sent his cleaning crew over or does epiphone not want people to know that companies in China are making laget copies of there products because there is nothing they can do about it?????? hhhmmmmmmm.......hey someone just knocked on my door..........its some guy in an epiphone hat.......ohh noo..ohhnoo.......................

I smell a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE Lawsuit coming!

American and most international copyright and trademark laws do not extend to China. As long as they don't build them within the bounds of whatever copyrights Epi has registered around the world, they are essentially immune to lawsuits. And even if they are in violation, enforcement or a legal judgement against them in China is highly unlikely. Chances are, they've already received one or more nastygrams from Gibson's legal and have gotten a good laugh out of them.

As far as shipping them to the US, I believe they are likely immune until they cross into copyrighted territory. At that point, I think it's the owner (i.e. buyer) that is at risk of copyright violation, especially if they represent them to be authentic Gibson products like the story about the store owner on the other thread about this site.

I'm not an expert in copyright law, but I did once have a patent pending through my company (it was denied by the US Patent and Trademark Office), and that's how it was explained to me by the patent attorney. BTW, it took 4 years to get a judgement on the patent from the USPTO, and cost >$7k for the application. And that was just for a US patent, nothing international. Total legal fees topped $25k, I think.

so heres my question i am pretty sure that there was a post on here titled "fake gibson epiphone website"' date=' and i posted a comment on it only a few hours ago and now the thread has gone missing????????? Did Barak Obama not like what was being said and sent his cleaning crew over or does epiphone not want people to know that companies in China are making laget copies of there products because there is nothing they can do about it?????? hhhmmmmmmm.......hey someone just knocked on my door..........its some guy in an epiphone hat.......ohh noo..ohhnoo.......................[/quote']

Right on top of the page... easy to miss, if you look for things that are not there. :D

Archived