Gibson Brands Forums

Since we're always telling Epiphone what to make...

pohatu771

and introduce a 1956 Les Paul Custom with P-90s. I'd actually buy that' date=' I think.[/quote']

DUDE. I've been saying that for like a year now. That'd be awesome. Oh, and technically the neck pup on those were some kind of alnico pickup with square pole pieces. But I'd settle for two P-90's.

I was this close to just buying the ebony "goldtop" Epiphone put out and just putting gold hardware and black pup covers and a multi-ply pickguard. I just ended up buying my LP special instead.

*sigh* one day....

As I posted in the "Feedback" forum yesterday,I'd like Epiphone to make a Firebird VII in red and/or sunburst with a vibrola.Gibson suspended production of theirs and the cost was out of reach for many anyway.I have an Epi Custom Shop Firebird 2 pup model and it's just an absolute dream to play,if they could make a VII with the same build quality I'm sure they'd sell very well.

Guest icantbuyafender

+1!!

firebirdVII !!!

and i realllllly want the ebony "goldtop" epi put out. I having a hellofatime locating one...

Let me approach this from a strictly non-partisan angle. THE GIBSON FIREBIRD (reverse model) WAS THE GREATEST GUITAR GIBSON EVER MADE! And I don't have one at the moment because I'm skint (at least for something in that price range). If Epi are always going to make LPs and SGs and Dots, it wouldn't hurt for a good Firebird model to be included in the standard line-up (and that includes through neck and mini-hums).

As I posted in the "Feedback" forum yesterday' date='I'd like Epiphone to make a Firebird VII in red and/or sunburst with a vibrola.Gibson suspended production of theirs and the cost was out of reach for many anyway.I have an Epi Custom Shop Firebird 2 pup model and it's just an absolute dream to play,if they could make a VII with the same build quality I'm sure they'd sell very well.[/quote']

you mean like this?

epi-red-firebird-7_02.jpg

• 2 months later...
God almighty I want one of those sunburst Firebird VIIs.

They're out there' date=' Chill! Unfortunately, you'll have to do some searching and, until Epiphone decides to put them back into production, you'll probably have to expect to pay a few bucks more than the thing was worth originally. Imagine that ... an Epiphone actually [i']growing[/i] in value!

I was lucky, I found mine in a local vintage shop here in Vegas. They were selling it on consignment and the owner was apparently "motivated" to sell her off (lot of that kind of thing here). It's a great axe and well worth the extra effort in locating one if you can!

Good luck!

SANY0040.jpg

SANY0041.jpg

Jim

Archived