Gibson Brands Forums

Is sweetwater lying about the valve senior AGAIN?

It's the 6v6's. I'm not going to get an el84 head no matter how much i'd have to wait for the 6v6 one... And once it gets into stock, it'll be the cheapest class A/B push/pull 6v6 head out there... (it's not just the tubes, it's the class too... and price... and aesthetics... and i will accept no substitutes unless you can propose something that's actually comparable...)

this time is the time it seems likeliest to actually happen. all the stores I've pre-ordered it from (in february) state this week as THE week, all at the same time. that hasn't happened before.

I'm not convinced until I get the tracking ID, but I'm fairly optimistic.

I don't know where that guy on ppwatt got his amp from .. but

Epiphone still does not show these amp's on their main sales site...

well, epiphone.com/amplifiers says "Already appearing on some Nashville album productions, the Valve Senior and Hot Rod line look poised to set things in motion for the next generation of players." So i guess maybe that guy is from a studio in Nashville?

I never said it was "here"' date=' but it's obviously out "there" somewhere now, wherever that may be. I think it came from www.Thomann.de. Whatever boat is bringing it from there to here must be reaaaaaaaaalllllllllly slooooooooooooow. :-k

http://www.thomann.de/gb/epiphone_valve_senior_head.htm?sid=870b8fb30924efcb6009e25ac798c60f

Gil...[/quote']

I don't think it's from thomann. They should have notified me as soon as the got any in stock. I'll give them a call

tomorrow and see if there has been any through there, and if that's the case, there will be some cussing.

It's quite peculiar how that guy got his hands on one, he doesn't seem to want to answer.

Anyway, this is pretty much the first sign of life of this amp since it was announced. I'm glad.

Andersons are promissing £199 with free delivery' date=' thats where I will be heading.

http://www.andertons.co.uk/EpiphoneValveSeniorHead/pid11901/cid557/EpiphoneValveSeniorHead.asp?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=pricecomp&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping[/quote']

Andertons seems to be the only one who has put it up on its site and never had an ETA.

They appear to have arrived in Australia already, and sweetwaster again changed the ETA from "the week of 10/18" to "within a day or two."

Goody.

I give up. Sorry Epiphone, I've got too many amps already, so I'll hold out and let the other mod junkies post a few reviews before deciding whether I want to jump on this particular bandwagon. Maybe I'll reconsider later when the DOA's start showing up on the big box scratch and dent lists. =D>

Gil...

I give up. Sorry Epiphone' date=' I've got too many amps already, so I'll hold out and let the other mod junkies post a few reviews before deciding whether I want to jump on this particular bandwagon. [b']Maybe I'll reconsider later when the DOA's start showing up on the big box scratch and dent lists.[/b] :D

Gil...

LOL ..... worked well for scoring a cheap VJ =D> You'd think they know this by now and would have someone spend a minute scuffing the fuseholder contact points before installing the fuses ....:-k Hmmmm, I mean, nevermind - hope they send just as many DOAs ... would serve them right. 8-[

Yeah, that's what I meant...

Archived