Gibson Brands Forums

Why is my Epi LP100 so different ???

epi369

Bought it in 1998, didn't have the Les Paul signature on the headstock and the trust rod cover only says GIBSON and not Les Paul 100, p'ups didn't have the screw like the "latest"... any idea...

1285.jpg

1286.jpg

1287.jpg

not even like this one...

ENBHSCH2X_ip.jpg

Epiphone guitars aren't known for being consistent from year-to-year, or factory-to-factory. The truss rod cover changed several years ago - most said Gibson, now most say a model name.

As far as the Les Paul signature... they go on-and-off whether they call it a Les Paul or not. Sometimes it's advertised as the Les Paul LP-100, other times just the LP-100.

Guest icantbuyafender

yeah... only my wilshire, goldtop, and dot studio have truss rod covers that say the model name.

the rest are just "gibson" type.

Thx guys for all your replies...

yup, my friend bought his new epi LP-100 and there is a slight diff between the two... I like with the Les Paul signature but the Epi is Made In China, did they stop production in Korea?... but the p'ups sound a bit brighter than mine... which makes me wonder what type of alnico I'm using... is it II or V? But I like the old stock p'ups... just the sound that I prefer on my epi gibson...

Anyone have the same model like mine?

Archived