Gibson Brands Forums

WOW ... 7 band Eq and VJr.....

RSDx

Picked up a cheap Danelectro Fish and Chips Eq "pedal," and all I can say is "WOW" using it through the VJr head and cab. Now I feel no need to mod it, as this totally opens the amp up, WAY way more than the 3 band Eq in my multi-fx box does, for sure. I do intend, though, to start modding the combo, now that I have the half-stack.... the combo is a v1, so even if I toast it, not that big a loss...heh. I'll just keep doing it 'til I get it right...... Damn, I wish I would've bought an Eq from day one (ummmm...41 years ago.... did they exist then ???)

I REALLY need to get my ankle healed and get back to work...

-I've read a few different places that those Dano EQ pedals are pretty much the BOSS GE-7 EQ with the noise reduction built into them' date=' just put in the cheaper plastic housing. As long as you don't jump on it, the pedal should do you fine.

L8R,

Matt[/quote'] Actually, it's quite heavy, for it's size .... the outside is obviously plastic, but it feels quite substantial.....and I'm not likely to stomp it - it seems to do just fine sitting on top of my amp, where I can reach it to adjust sliders and push the button with my finger. It's pretty cool .... slide all 7 bands and the level sliders to max, and you get a nice overdriven sound at EXTREMELY low amp volume :P/ Best $29.99 (or whatever it was) I've spent in quite some time !!!

Picked up a cheap Danelectro Fish and Chips Eq "pedal' date='" and all I can say is "WOW" using it through the VJr head and cab. Now I feel no need to mod it, as this totally opens the amp up, WAY way more than the 3 band Eq in my multi-fx box does, for sure. I do intend, though, to start modding the combo, now that I have the half-stack.... the combo is a v1, so even if I toast it, not that big a loss...heh. I'll just keep doing it 'til I get it right...... Damn, I wish I would've bought an Eq from day one (ummmm...41 years ago.... did they exist then ???)

I REALLY need to get my ankle healed and get back to work...[/quote']

Exactly how are you using this pedal with a broken ankle?:P

I just leave my Boss GE-7 on all the time. If I turn it off' date=' the sound is so cruddy that I turn it back on again!

[/quote'] The Dano pedal is very neutral that way .... if all the sliders are centered, turning it off produces no tone difference (that I can hear, anyway). I've heard that about the Boss.....hopefully, if yer leaving it on all the time, you have the power supply...would hate to be feeding it batteries...heh

The Dano pedal is very neutral that way .... if all the sliders are centered' date=' turning it off produces no tone difference (that I can hear, anyway). I've heard that about the Boss.....hopefully, if yer leaving it on all the time, you have the power supply...would hate to be feeding it batteries...heh

[/quote']

Actually, I meant that the GE-7 sounds so good that the regular sound of the amp sounds pretty lifeless. I have a 10 band eq on my home stereo and don't want to listen to tunes without it :)

Archived