Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD! Non-Epi Agile AD-2300

Stig

So it arrived today - ordered yesterday. Buying local - even from an online company* - really pays off!

Agile AD-2300. $259 plus case. Came completely un-intonated. Saddles were straight across. So a bit of fiddling about, add a leather straplock, and Voila!

Plays pretty darned well. Better than the Gibson USA faded SG I tried in the music store last week. Better than a Mexican Fender. Certainly on a par with the Epiphones I've tried that cost more.

Pots are smooth, pickups sound good, and the switch doesn't feel all wobbly. And the tuners are 18:1 Grovers.

Damn!

100_1048.jpg

100_1049.jpg

100_1050.jpg

*Rondomusic.com is here in NH, about an hour and a half up the road. Of course, UPS had to bring it past me, to Chelmsford, MA, then back up to Bedford, NH for delivery to my office. Still, that whole trip took only 18 hours, pickup to delivery!

Looks like a great guitar' date=' Stig...a bit like a double-cut Les Paul Jr with a twist! HNGD.

[/quote']

They used to make one that looked a lot more like the LP DC. I think there may have been a lawsuit. So they changed the horns a bit.

Oh man ... I like it' date=' Stig!

For some reason, it also reminds me a lot of a Gretsch Corvette ... another favorite of mine. Great score ... congrats!

Jim

[/quote']

Yeah, a little bit. Maybe a little bit of Rickenbacker.

My wife says it looks like Brian May's guitar.

The more I see these Agiles, the more I'm leaning towards saving a little extra for one and avoiding the lower end Epis as my first electric. She looks wonderful and am glad you enjoy her. Keep us informed as to how she does going down the road. Truly interested and your experiences.

You know what the big problem is with these forums...they are GAS inducing! Jim' date=' why did you have to put the image of a Gretsch Corvette in my head?!

...must...not...buy...any...more...guitars...EVER...[img']http://planetsmilies.net/shocked-smiley-9457.gif[/img]

A buddy of mine who I was in a lot of bands with had a Corvette back in the early 80's. An original one. It really was a great little guitar.

Archived