Gibson Brands Forums

Can you help me get this sound?

Naradien

Hey guys, I have a question. In Fade to black, live, during Kirk's solo, I can't seem to get the wah sound with my pedal. I think that's the only effect he's using, but if theres more, can you please tell me? Also, I'm using the crybaby(the one with no other switches, just the classic). The video is at :

Also, the wah part starts at 5:40

Thanks in Advance!

+1 kenny

Practice practice practice... what you need to do is get to a level where you dont want (and dont have to) sound like this or that player... you just sound like YOU and people love it.

Hate to kick you when you are down but most players dont achieve that in their lifetime.

As for the sound you are aiming at at this time, it can be done by 1st) playing the notes accurately, 2nd) practicing/knowing how to work the wah (the one you have can give you that sound), you need to put it before the distortion, and of course, you need to get the gain down a little bit, if you are playing at full gain, the distortion will compress the signal and there will be little difference between the two wah pedal positions.

If you are not acustomed to play with the wah pedal it will be tricky at first, specially when bending, this too will improve with practice.

(Ad reverb to taste.)

As said above: all this requires only practice. Thats all.

I gotta say tho, I dont like metallica nowadays... they arent even a shadow of what they used to be... what a shame (didnt like them THAT MUCH when they were "good at it" even....).

ok ill give it a go

tune down a step (or 2 or 8 idk)

set your amp eq B6, M2, T6

and if its a high gain amp, turn the gain to about 1oclock

switch to your birdge Pup

and wail away

for that tone, may a recomend the marshall jcm 900 2100

gobs of gain, ballsy scooped mid tone,

the best hard rock/metal amp out there imo

but the jcm 800 is still the best overall

I gotta say tho' date=' I dont like metallica nowadays... they arent even a shadow of what they used to be... what a shame (didnt like them THAT MUCH when they were "good at it" even....).[/quote']

thundergod, we all know that you are really robert trilljio, and that you are maybe the best metal bassist ever

you cant fool us buy saying you look like dime

=D

Robert who?

Best metal bassist ever: Sir Steve Harris (Iron Maiden).

hes good' date=' but as he played with metallica, ozzy, disturbed, and a butload of other famous metal bands

(granted metallica isnt even close to iron madiens level)

throw them in the iron madien

awesome

[img']http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc42/Jbaseball_2004/bfg-1.jpg[/img]

Hey guys' date=' I have a question. In Fade to black, live, during Kirk's solo, I can't seem to get the wah sound with my pedal. I think that's the only effect he's using, but if theres more, can you please tell me? Also, I'm using the crybaby(the one with no other switches, just the classic). The video is at :

Also, the wah part starts at 5:40

Thanks in Advance![/quote']

as to the original topic, i think these guys have given you good advice. i also love the live versions of Fade to Black and the wah at the end is a nice touch. i personally just try to have fun using the wah on my own...who knows if i am doing it "correctly"....i just have fun rocking out to a sweet song.

iron maiden ****ing sucks. always have always will.

o... k...

I guess I suck too as they are my 2nd favorite all time band (1st is queen of course) and most my material has been influenced by them...

Damn... it really hurts, not every day you realize you suck... [-(

o... k...

I guess I suck too as they are my 2nd favorite all time band (1st is queen of course) and most my material has been influenced by them...

Damn... it really hurts' date=' not every day you realize you suck... :-& [/quote']

Is ok TG... I suck too. Perhaps we can form a sucky band and make some sucky millions like Iron Maiden O:)

Damn... already got our first groupie O:).

whoa whoa whoa' date=' hang-on. I thought that status was reserved for Lynyrd? Think about man, he could entertain you with a rousing audition of Free Bird during those days on the road [i']and[/i] you'll never have to worry about him correcting your spllng!

whoa whoa whoa' date=' hang-on. I thought that status was reserved for Lynyrd? Think about man, he could entertain you with a rousing audition of Free Bird during those days on the road [i']and[/i] you'll never have to worry about him correcting your spllng!

=D>

me' date=' chan, and thundergod

lets start an iron madien tribute band

me and chan can be dave, and adrian

thunder can be steve

and eddie

lol[/quote']

Damn... why does averyone always forget about Jannick?

Ok I´ll be steve...

Archived