Gibson Brands Forums

LOOK Gibson Zakk Wylde BFG

Gibson4life

I personally like it... I'll bet the neck is comfortable as all hell to run your palm across.

I would yank the EMG's and throw in a blond Daimarzio SuperD in the lead and a vintage T-top in the rhythm. And throw on a Stetsbar tremolo.

A Gibby signature LP for under 2 grand is kinda nice, I guess, but I honestly like the color finishes better than that natural "rough" finish myself. It also would appear to my long unused, untrained eye that the hardware is not that much nicer than that of a $799 Epi Custom ZW Bullseye (I'm sure there will be some more active players than myself along shortly to correct me though).

Go on Duane...you know you want to...:-)

Rico.... Right now I am so gassing for a 1977 to 1980 Gibson Melody Maker it's making me shake#-o ...... I have to wait until April 2010 to buy another guitar.

My plans are to replace the bridge single coil and route for a PAF in the lead, but I'll keep the single coil rhythm pup. Install a nickel Stetsbar tremolo and add master tone & volume re-wiring.

Rico.... Right now I am so gassing for a 1977 to 1980 Gibson Melody Maker it's making me shake#-o ...... I have to wait until April 2010 to buy another guitar.

My plans are to replace the bridge single coil and route for a PAF in the lead' date=' but I'll keep the single coil rhythm pup. Install a nickel Stetsbar tremolo and add master tone & volume re-wiring.[/quote']

Yeah, they seem like a pretty decent and relatively cheap modding platform. I've heard of a guys buying those RI MMs and tricking them out with 3 P90s and stuff. Apparently they make for a pretty ferocious barebones rockmachine.

Archived