Gibson Brands Forums

New Epis

Greg Curtis

I recently bought two '59 in China. (I am an American living in Beijing, China.) They sound great but only Faded Iced Tea available. No cherry sunburst at all. Price is cheaper, only about $460, but without the case. No Tribute in the market.

I've vowed to someday own a really nice Les Paul as a departure from all the G-400's sitting around here. Pretty much been waiting on a Twisted Sister Elitest or a BoneYard but these have got me considering an alternative now. I do know it ain't gonna be anytime soon since I plan on getting just the one and want something kinda special/unique. Just got word that my long-term project G-400 will be back from the paint shop this week: with a little luck maybe I can finish it up before Christmas. OK, with a bunch of luck considering available funds at the moment. Been foolin' with this for years now; just doing lilttle bits as I could afford it. It'll be nice just to see it back in one piece again even though there's still a few components that have yet to be accquired.

Wedgie

I want to post pictures. I am a newbie and cannot figure out how to upload or post the JPG files. I tried clicking the "Insert Image" button and saw the "[/img]" code. I tried insert the filename in between but that did not seem to work.

I did successfully changed my Avatar to show the headstock of the guitar that I bought. It is not the actual photo of my own guitar. It is a headstock photo from the website of the shop that I bought one of my 2 `59 guitars. Note that the truss rod cover has "Les Paul '59 Standard" on it. This seems to be different from the pictures that I see from the US sites.

Archived