Gibson Brands Forums

Fender Super Champ XD

brad1

I've got one. I love it, and agree with the above. There is a video on youtube that compares it to the sound of the new Princeton reverb.....I think it does great for a third of the price.

I have a Weber 10F150T in mine, and it is positively loud. At least half the sounds are usable, but it will take some tweaking to get what you are after. Not too hard, though. with the footswitch you can change channels and turn the effects on and off. It will emulate tweeds, blackfaces, marshalls, vox, boogies, roland , it is extremely flexible. I love it.

I am building a head only cabinet for it, and intend to use it with a 4-10 enclosure I built.

I highly recommend it for the money. The best 'modeling' amp out there for the $$!

Jeff

I've got one. I love it' date=' and agree with the above. There is a video on youtube that compares it to the sound of the new Princeton reverb.....I think it does great for a third of the price.

I have a Weber 10F150T in mine, and it is positively loud. At least half the sounds are usable, but it will take some tweaking to get what you are after. Not too hard, though. with the footswitch you can change channels and turn the effects on and off. It will emulate tweeds, blackfaces, marshalls, vox, boogies, roland , it is extremely flexible. I love it.

I am building a head only cabinet for it, and intend to use it with a 4-10 enclosure I built.

I highly recommend it for the money. The best 'modeling' amp out there for the $$!

Jeff[/quote']

Thanks for the reply jwalin.

That was one of the things I liked about it, the speaker out option. I have heard it sounds very good when used with extension cabs.

I just bought one from zZounds.com and I'm looking forward to it's arrival.

Thanks again guys.

well there's a viable alternative to the valve senior... if only it came as a head... but i guess one of those and a new neodymium weber speaker, tungsol 12ax7, and JJ 6v6's... and maybe a torres engineering mod or two... plus some tinkering of my own...

then again, i could get this: http://triodeelectronics.com/deluxerebuild.html

tube rectified...

Thanks for the reply jwalin.

That was one of the things I liked about it' date=' the speaker out option. I have heard it sounds very good when used with extension cabs.

I just bought one from zZounds.com and I'm looking forward to it's arrival.

Thanks again guys.[/quote']

You will likely want to change the speaker, if you do, then look at an Eminence Ragin Cajun or a Weber 10F150 or 10F150T. You will be amazed at the sound that can come out of that little box with a new speaker.

Jeff

well there's a viable alternative to the valve senior... if only it came as a head... but i guess one of those and a new neodymium weber speaker' date=' tungsol 12ax7, and JJ 6v6's... and maybe a torres engineering mod or two... plus some tinkering of my own...

then again, i could get this: http://triodeelectronics.com/deluxerebuild.html

tube rectified...[/quote']

Have you tried one of the Weber Neo's? I am very curious abou them...

Archived