Gibson Brands Forums

Seymour Duncan vintage blues set - Braided wires?

LPR91281734033

Hi everybody, does anybody know if the Seymour Duncan Vintage Blues 59 set (sh1-b & sh-1n) has braided wires or just the plastic ones, I'm after the braided to go with the 50s wiring upgrade i'm planning.

here's a link to the shop:

http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Seymour-Duncan-SH-1-59-Vintage-Blues-Set~ID~9571.asp

Many thanks!!:)/

I have a 59 in my Les Paul which i bought off ebay an it's braided......

The rule of thumb with them is if there single conductor there braided.. If 4 conductor then there plastic with the 59's....

With the set i think there single conductor so they should be braided...

Hope this helps

Hi 60hzhum....

Yeah love them to bits... Have a Epiphone flying V with a set in as well as a one in the neck position of my Les Paul an there great in both.....

I'd really recommend then to everyone mate ....... I Think there that good........

Anytime

UPDATE: the shop got back in touch and; "the Seymour Duncan Vintage Blues set do not come with braided wires, instead they have 4-conductor wires". Oh well, luckily it was my birthday recently so I've gone for a set of Bare Knuckle Mules=p~ . I think that the SH1s that do have braided wires may be the ones that you buy separately as opposed to in a set. Thanks everyone for your help!!=D>

Archived