Gibson Brands Forums

Lynyrd Skynyrd Les Paul

skynyrdman53

• 1 month later...

I have an Epiphone Lynyrd Skynyrd Les Paul. I received my Gold Top from the Lynyrd Skynyrd Band at a meet and greet, October 14, 2003. Met with each member of the band as they autographed my guitar. Received a Certificate of Authenticity from Epiphone stating that I received a Limited Edition "Lynyrd Skynyrd 30th Anniversary" Les Paul Standard. These guitars are made in Korea to my knowledge. For the electronics my guitar has Gibson USA Humbuckers which are quoted as 57 Classic and 57 Classic Plus. I have played my guitar when I first got it, plugged into a Fender 65 Twin Reverb and cranked it up. The sound was as sweet as 1957 Gibson Gold Top can be through warm tubes. This guitar in my preference compares to any Gibson if not better. Now to other Limited Edition "Lynyrd Skynyrd 30th Anniversary" Les Paul Standard guitars that may be sold elsewhere, I can not vouch for their quality. (I do own two other Epiphones, Les Paul Gold Top w/ PHAT CAT P90's and 335 Dot w/ Gibson USA 57 Humbuckers). I keep my Lynyrd Skynyrd Les Paul guitar in a hard shell case, detuned and in my collection. To the value today, I have no clue. I have not found anyone who has an autographed Limited Edition "Lynyrd Skynyrd 30th Anniversary" Les Paul Standard yet. I have been a Skynyrd fan since 1973 when a old friend mentioned about this band that playing in Muscle Shouls. Little did I know who the guys were going be except the sound was down home and had grit.

I have a 30th anniversary GLP plaintop..........built in aug,'88.......... I bought it new in 3/89.

I think this was a fore-runner of the V.O.S. & Re-Issue line........

I paid a handsome premium at the time to get it, instead of the Std. hanging right next to it............

It's not a Skynyrd model though.

GarysCam062.jpg

GarysCam064.jpg

GarysCam063.jpg

GarysCam097.jpg

Archived