Gibson Brands Forums

Why doesn't Epiphone "plek" their guitars too ?

crust

Cos then they'd have to fix the iffy fretwork which would mean more q.a. outlay.

Having said that the fretwork on both my LP and my Dot Studio was pretty much perfect but I had to go through several to find them.

Plek?

This from Google: "The Plek CNC fret dressing system was designed and developed in Berlin by Gerd Anke. As a computer-controlled alternative to traditional methods of manual fret dressing' date=' the Plek records the fret height in relation to the fretboard surface beneath each string with a mechanical finger (touch probe) guided by a computer-controlled arm."[/color']

It's interesting...ALL of my Epiphones, had better fret work, than ANY of my Gibson's. And I LOVE my Gibson's, but they all needed

some fret dressing. There weren't any loose or high frets, on the Gibson's...nothing like that, but they were all "roadblocks," with

much sharper edges, than my Epi's. The fret work on my Riviera and MIJ '61 SG was awesome...right out of the box! So...it's good

that Gibson IS "Pleking," now....they needed it...IMHO. ;>)

CB

It's interesting...ALL of my Epiphones' date=' had better fret work, than ANY of my Gibson's. And I LOVE my Gibson's, but they all needed

some fret dressing. There weren't any loose or high frets, on the Gibson's...nothing like that, but they were all "roadblocks," with

much sharper edges, than my Epi's. The fret work on my Riviera and MIJ '61 SG was awesome...right out of the box! So...it's good

that Gibson IS "Pleking," now....they needed it...IMHO. ;>)

CB[/quote']

CB you must not own a Wildkat, I love mine but the frets were terrible.........

Archived