Gibson Brands Forums

Chrome addict needs help

WynD

Hi everyone,

I just purchased an Epiphone Les Paul and really love the guitar. I got the translucent blue finish and love that too.

I am not wild about the creme colored plastic and am a chromaholic.

I have been searching around tring to find a chrome pick guard that will fit the Epi Les Pauls but am having no luck. I find a few for the Gibsons but it looks like the Gibson pick guards are not exactly the same as the Epi's. If I am wrong on that someone please tell me.

Does anyone know where I can find me a chrome pickguard that will fit the Epi Les Pauls? I have the pup rings and new knobs. Those were easy to find.

I also need the round pickup switch plate too if I can find that in chrome somewhere.

Can someone please help an aging chromaholic??:D

Thanks,

Wayne

Do some pokin' about on ebay... just search chrome under Musical Instruments and you'll be dazzled at what's out there. Real metal stuff, not acrylics. I think its Schaller that has some switch rings that are packaged parts ready to go, and there's a German, (i think), guy that's doing some pretty amazing LP guards and even some stuff for G-400's, (!!!). Terrapin is great to work with and I've got their parts on several of my guitars but last I checked they were'nt working in metals as yet though that may have changed by now. BTW don't just stop at the TRC and the guard, if you're blinging, bling big! Neck pocket plate, knobs, pickup rings, control cavity cover, if it aint wood, plate that puppy! I'm going through this on my G-400 beater right now and the shiny-er it gets the harder it gets to resist that next piece...get enough on there and you hardly notice the chips and scratches anymore. Ebay has a bunch of stuff that should help you out on this quest, don't lose your sunglasses.

Wedgie

Many thanks everyone.

This really gives some good stuff to check out.

I visited the Guitar Center in my area and I found the chrome pup rings and the knobs. Those were pretty easy to find.

Still need the pickup switch plate, the jack plate and mainly I still need a cool chrome pickguard. Time to start checking things out.

Thanks again,

Wayne

Twang,

I very well might be interested in a mirror pickup guard. That really looks sharp. It that a metal guard or is it plastic with a mirror finish?

I'll do a little more searching around on chrome stuff too. But I would like to know the details on how much it would cost me to have you make a pick guard for my guitar.

Do you all ready have the measurements and specs for the Epi Les Pauls? I know they are not quite the same as a true Gibson but that is all I know so far.

I don't know about many specific rules of the forum. If you can't put that kind of info here send me a PM once you get your box straightened out.

Wayne

Archived