Gibson Brands Forums

worst thing to happen on a HNGD (sharing)

jerome_travis

Better go get it xrayed. Something similar happened to me in a volleyball game. I didn't get it checked and it healed crooked. Turned out it had been broken. But too late to fix it without having it re-broken and set. Still crooked.

Had a pinched nerve in my leg that had me walking with a cane, and whenever I played guitar, had to sit to do it, and only do that 10 minutes at a time, and would have to get up, hobble around for 5 minutes or so, sit back down, play another 10, you get the jist, it was more trouble than it was worth. Then came the day they gave me a series of 3 epidural injections of cortisone in the affected area of my spine, and have been fine ever since. Then had degenerative disc disease in my cervical spine (neck) that pinched the nerve root that worked my left arm, had several spurs removed, and 2 or 3 vertebrae fused, and so far so good, which also affected my guitaring.

Better go get it xrayed. Something similar happened to me in a volleyball game. I didn't get it checked and it healed crooked. Turned out it had been broken. But too late to fix it without having it re-broken and set. Still crooked.

Seperating two dog (who, since that day have been great friends). Mines tendon damage, ring finger right hand. Crooked for life.

Get that finger Xrayed it may have a hairline fracture or worse as someone else wrote that's better than having to get it rebroken and set.While your finger is out of commision it would be a good opportunity to take up slide until it gets back in shape.I have to fight to put up with degenerative arthritis in my hands,you can take comfort in the fact your finger will heal.Good Luck.

------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of slide, Dave Hole a renown Aussie Blues slide player was in an accident and hurt his left hand so he started to put the slide on his thumb and come over the top of the neck.

Hand healed but he still plays with his thumb..........he can really play too.

Dig

Get that finger Xrayed it may have a hairline fracture or worse as someone else wrote that's better than having to get it rebroken and set.While your finger is out of commision it would be a good opportunity to take up slide until it gets back in shape.I have to fight to put up with degenerative arthritis in my hands' date='you can take comfort in the fact your finger will heal.Good Luck.

------------------------------------------------------[/quote']

Well I have rheumatoid arthritis in both my ankles and I'm only 20 8-[

Archived