Gibson Brands Forums

Odering an Epiphone Les Paul Custom..???

LPC

-Question;

Is ther anyone who knows of how to order a Custom Epiphone Les Paul, but the thing is i want a colour I know they dont have, cause i have been looking forever. So is it even possible to order one with a custom colour, or will they not do it??? any info is awsome!

thanks

Sean.

There is no actual Epiphone "Custom Shop", it's just a badge they use for limited edition production runs. Minimum production run I've heard of is 300.

You're talking about a big factory producing Epis for global demand. They're not going to stop and produce a "one off".

You could get someone to strip one and spray it the colour you want, but the paint job would cost about the same as the guitar.

Epiphone won't make you a custom LP, but the Les Paul Standard has come in just about every finish imaginable over the years, you might be able to track one down in the finish you want.

Failing that, Agiles come in every finish under the sun, and are dirt cheap.

There is no actual Epiphone "Custom Shop"' date=' it's just a badge they use for limited edition production runs. Minimum production run I've heard of is 300.

You're talking about a big factory producing Epis for global demand. They're not going to stop and produce a "one off".

You could get someone to strip one and spray it the colour you want, but the paint job would cost about the same as the guitar.

[/quote']No, but Gibson used to have a "Custom Collectors Club" that, if you were a member, you could special order ANY Gibson guitar to your EXACT specs (body/neck woods, finish/color, electronics, etc), or they would build one from a purchasers own design. The ONLY problem with that? The guitars end up costing 3 TIMES the cost of a regular production model. The "Custom Club" (IMHO) was mainly aimed at retirees, lottery winners, etc, because there's NO WAY the average joe (like myself) would EVER pay that kind of $ for Gibson to make me a guitar that's the EXACT color I want.

It's like that guy on YouTube that sold his '59 RI Custom Order (all blue) LP. He paid $25,000 just for them to make him a '59 RI all blue with Abalone inlays! That's just nuts!

No' date=' but Gibson used to have a "Custom Collectors Club" that, if you were a member, you could special order ANY Gibson guitar to your EXACT specs (body/neck woods, finish/color, electronics, etc), or they would build one from a purchasers own design. The ONLY problem with that? The guitars end up costing 3 TIMES the cost of a regular production model. The "Custom Club" (IMHO) was mainly aimed at retirees, lottery winners, etc, because there's NO WAY the average joe (like myself) would EVER pay that kind of $ for Gibson to make me a guitar that's the EXACT color I want.

It's like that guy on YouTube that sold his '59 RI Custom Order (all blue) LP. He paid $25,000 just for them to make him a '59 RI all blue with Abalone inlays! That's just nuts!

[/quote']

You think that's bad there's another guy on ebay has a regular U.S.A. Gibson Les Paul Standard that he allegedly put all these '59 parts on, all this "period correct" stuff, and has the gall to charge...are you sitting...45,000 dollars for this guitar! He claims the guitar's a '56 (it aint), I think I'm gonna open an account so I can ask the guy if he can hook me up with whatever acid he's doing, because it must be pretty good schitt!

-Question;

Is ther anyone who knows of how to order a Custom Epiphone Les Paul' date=' but the thing is i want a colour I know they dont have, cause i have been looking forever. So is it even possible to order one with a custom colour, or will they not do it??? any info is awsome!

thanks

Sean.[/quote']

If you or anybody's main concern is the colour of the guitar, then I say, just buy an epiphone, and find some guitar work shop that'll either respray it or send it away to be resprayed, in your desired colour/design ect...

If like me, you want more, then, take an epiphone as far as it can go, with electronics and hardware upgrades ect...

It depends how much you want tp sepnd on your 'dream' epiphone I guess.

Archived