Gibson Brands Forums

G 400 identification...

jwalin

I saw an interesting Epiphone at a pawn shop yesterday.

Ebony finish, with white bound fretboard and headstock, had 'les paul' on the truss rod cover. EE serial number with a custom shop logo, what is it?

It was customized, with a 'full face' white pearl pickguard, and some SD blade type pickups, graphite saddles, and locking tuners.

I thought it was a 3 pickup deluxe model that had been modded into a two pickups guitar, but there is no way to tell without taking it apart.

I was hoping someone could identify it with the details, as the only epi's I have seen with bound fretboards are the early version of the Vintage, and the three pickup model in ivory.

did they come in ebony?

Jeff

I have one of the SG/Les Paul Customs in Antique Ivory - it has block plastic inlays, 3 HB's gold hardware and white binding around the board. It has a Les Paul Custom plate between the neck pickup and the neck, split diamond inlay.

It has a good rosewood board, great tond. a really high quality guitar. Mine is an EE, made in 07, I believe - I was just playing it 10 minutes ago, and I'm thinking about buying another one early next year. Sure did come in black - check the Epiphone company site, look under SG 400 Custom. MSRP around $900.

I think they are hard to come by - don't see new ones advertised.

mark

Archived