Gibson Brands Forums

Valve Senior is in the HOUSE!

brianh

Hello, I've a valve senior.

I don't use the reverb, and the amp doesn't have a effects loop.

So, is it just possible to disconnect the tank reverb, and to put the pedals instead of it ?

or does the amp need an electronic modification for doing that ?

Thank you for your knowledge.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it seems there are two versions. I'm sure my values are correct too. Specially C25, I know it well because it exploded two times because a deffective tube.

The idea about the dwell control looks interesting. I played with R31 value (put a 4M7 pot in parallel) and it did nothing, but now I guess changing both resistors for a pot as you suggest should work...

My 4 last digits: 0059.

Hi!

I have a problem with my valve senior! Seems like the c25 you were talking about exploded and the casing came of. Is there anything I can do to fix this myself?

I need my amp to gig and sending it back to the dealer costs money and too much time.

Hope you can help me!

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

Reviving a long time dead thread....

@Tragic1281734187 which model Accutronics reverb tank did you use?

The natural replacement is the 8EB2C1B, however I read someone obtained positive results with the R8DB2C1C which has a lower input impedance (310 Ohm) than the original (600 Ohm).

• 1 year later...

Cheers! 

It’s funny, I started reading this thread a long time ago and added a potentiometer to fix the reverb almost a decade ago.

Originally I bought the head version but about a year ago I built a cabinet with my Dad and we used some cool green tweed instead of tolex.

Finally getting around to trying a few more mods while I’m at it. It’s too bad the pictures aren’t live anymore.

Just upgraded my epi dot with new tuners, a bigsby, new nut and roller bridge, new wiring harness and pure90s from bgpups and decided it’s time to put better filter and tone caps in my amp, hoping I can get rid of some 60 cycle hum and make the EQ more usable. Anyone else still using this amp?

Had to replace the output transformer but besides that it’s been great!

Haven’t been a huge fan of the  overdrive without pedals so I’ve been using an old 12au7 and I like how it cleans it up. Hoping replacing the capacitors will make 12ax7s sound better in v1? Right now I have two jjs in v2 and v3 but used to have a 12at7 in the pi, which I think I preferred.