Gibson Brands Forums

what tha???? look what i found on the net!

"Like the Epiphone Les Paul Whilshire is this yellow one in TV special limited edition guitar that is manufactured by Epiphone. Equipped with two pickups 90 P and painted in a mad yellow color TV is of course the guitar if you want to go for looks and sound."

My Dutch is limited to finding my way around Amsterdam 8-[ so the translation is from Google. Nice looking axe!

It appears we have an answer, straight from the horse's mouth.

From: http://forums.epiphone.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=11654

Hi Jack' date='

I'm glad you asked! Coincidentally, you should see the Les Paul Special (set-neck, soapbar P-90's) in the US market in both TV Yellow and Cherry around March/April 2010.

Thanks,

Epiphone[/quote']

Not sure then why they already appear on European websites. Perhaps it's a preorder? In any case it appears that Epi is going to be making the LP Special with P90s again!

Well Jack posed the original question, I just relayed the information here. I've chimed in with a few more questions now that we have had a definitive answer. I'd like to know if we'll see some set necked Juniors with a single Dog-Ear P90 in 'em. And a double cut. And what the pricing will be. Given that the Gibson Double Cut LP Special is one of the least expensive Gibsons, I wondered if we could expect the Epiphone Specials to be priced below the regular line of LPs.

And kudos to Epiphoen for getting back to us so smartly and with such a straight up answer. More of this please!

Interesting. I just discovered this at my local music store.

http://rockshop.co.nz/04/shop/product-full-page.php?code=EPIEN57TVY

Set neck, P100, TV Yellow.

I'm guessing that it's old stock. This is the same store that still has a bunvh of Firebirds with mini humbuckers, which Epiphone doesn't make at present, so it's entirely possible that they have this LP Junior left over too from when Epi was making them, which was what, 2005ish? Perhaps that's the case with the Dutch site too?

The store also has a 'Pitchblack LP Junior' for $349NZ. Anyone know what that is? Is it just a bolt neck one with a humbucker? EDIT: - A quick Google search tells me that, yes, it is a bolt neck wit ha humbucker, and all black hardware. Hence the name I guess.

Interesting. I just discovered this at my local music store.

http://rockshop.co.nz/04/shop/product-full-page.php?code=EPIEN57TVY

Set neck' date=' P100, TV Yellow.

I'm guessing that it's old stock. This is the same store that still has a bunvh of Firebirds with mini humbuckers, which Epiphone doesn't make at present, so it's entirely possible that they have this LP Junior left over too from when Epi was making them, which was what, 2005ish? Perhaps that's the case with the Dutch site too?

[/quote']

Thats just like my Epi LP Jr.

I'm guessing that it's old stock. This is the same store that still has a bunvh of Firebirds with mini humbuckers' date=' which Epiphone doesn't make at present, so it's entirely possible that they have this LP Junior left over too from when Epi was making them, which was what, 2005ish? Perhaps that's the case with the Dutch site too?

[/quote']

I guess that's possible alltho they didn't have it 6 months ago(I check there for new Epis on occasion).

Guest icantbuyafender

JEEEBUS.

Ive been after a TV yellow LP special for a while nowww

this, The oxblood '54 LP, and the LP Tribute..... My next guitars... oh and i dont even have space for them all!!

Archived