Gibson Brands Forums

Non epi Question?

hey guys I have a 50th anv. Aztec gold strat, its solid golddddd, all the hardware and pickguard, it came this way with a 50th anv tweed gig bag, the only info i can find on it is that is was produced for one year only in 2004, i bought it new a year ago!, i would really like to know if there is a web site or data base out there that can tell me how many of these were actually made and produced any body know where?

the serial # ia MZ4115254

Don't be wary of Mexican made. Both of my Mexican Fenders (Strat and Jag) are top notch.

hey man dont worry im not, I have had it for about a year now and it is amazing, plus i know at least 10 of my jam'n buddies that have mexy fenders all shapes and sizes and there ant no prob with that

I was just trying to see how "rare" my specific model was beacuse i dont see to many of them anywhere and fender said they were only produced in this configuration for about half a year just tryn to increase my mojo and bragn rights on her thats all

I would check the Fender forum too, like CB suggested. The guys over there are really helpful too and they don't seem to be rude about it either. Or at least not with my experience on there. Speaking of Mexican Strats, I got one about 3 or 4 weeks ago and I love the way it plays. The neck is sweet.

DSCF4698.jpg

hey jeff one more question I see you reside in the nola' date=' im just across the pond in Covington, wheres your best recomindation for a guitar set up and maybe some fret dressing around here? the last time I had anything done was my Mike Foster , he got my dads 1958 J160E playn smooth again[/quote']

The only guy I have used is Steve Staples at International Vintage Guitars downtown, but he takes an eternity to get the job done (like 4-6 weeks). Thus, I'm looking for a new guy. There is a music place (New Orleans Music Exchange) by my house, so I might approach them to see if they have a luthier. The guy who makes Foster guitars is north of the lake. He probably does his own setups but might know who is available north of the lake.

14 karats baby! here she is, from what i can find so far ( and I will email fender tryed to call them this morning but i keep getn a busy signal) its a classic 50's strat, with vintage noisless pups with stagard poles, the regular model only comes in shoreline gold....mine is the custom shop color Aztec GOLD!!!!

0000003fv.jpg

0000002wt.jpg

0000001mk.jpg

Archived