Gibson Brands Forums

NGD Riviera (finally)

ant7629

Hey guys

Thought I would share some pics my latest acquisition with you. I have been trying to get my hands on one of these for a while now, especially with the mini humbuckers. In the end, eBay saved the day.

It is such a well put together guitar and sounds really sweet. Just needed a string changed and little setup and it plays like a dream. It gives my 335 a run for its money!

DSC00182.jpg

DSC00183.jpg

DSC00184.jpg

DSC00185.jpg

DSC00186.jpg

Congrats, Ant -

I just picked up a Riviera just like yours. Actually bought it back from a guy I had sold it to a couple of years ago. He added a bone nut and a black pickguard. I'm a sworn P-90 fan, but I love those minihumbuckers! Great sound, don't you think?

I put DR Pure Blues 11's on mine. What are you using?

Also, try it thru a Vox AC-15 for a sound that will rock your world.

Enjoy, man - and don't be a dope like me and let it go. It will haunt you, and cost you more to buy it back!!

Hey guys

Thought I would share some pics my latest acquisition with you. I have been trying to get my hands on one of these for a while now' date=' especially with the mini humbuckers. In the end, eBay saved the day.

It is such a well put together guitar and sounds really sweet. Just needed a string changed and little setup and it plays like a dream. It gives my 335 a run for its money!

[img']http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm230/ant7629/DSC00182.jpg[/img]

DSC00183.jpg

DSC00184.jpg

DSC00185.jpg

DSC00186.jpg

Question: In the first pic, is that a Valensi Riv standing next to your new one? What you can see of the pups looks like it, maybe. Howzabout a comparison of the two? Inquiring minds want to know!

Congrats' date=' Ant -

I just picked up a Riviera just like yours. Actually bought it back from a guy I had sold it to a couple of years ago. He added a bone nut and a black pickguard. I'm a sworn P-90 fan, but I love those minihumbuckers! Great sound, don't you think?

I put DR Pure Blues 11's on mine. What are you using?

Also, try it thru a Vox AC-15 for a sound that will rock your world.

Enjoy, man - and don't be a dope like me and let it go. It will haunt you, and cost you more to buy it back!!

[/quote']

Hey man. They do sound really good. Kind of a good mix of humbucker and P90 I guess, especially in the neck position.

The other guitar hanging there is actually an old Sheraton that belongs to the drummer in my band. He has had it for years and was a wreck when I saw it, so I took it in, cleaned it up, gave it a full set up and it sounds and plays amazing now. He may not get it back [scared]

Archived