Gibson Brands Forums

Would my song sound better with an EPi LP than my 74 SG?

Lukesteele

Luke, I think it sounds great on your SG! Very nice playing.

I don't really think an LP would add anything to that song, or significantly sound much different.

It's fine the way it is IMO.

Good for you!!

Hi Lord and ty. Funny you say that..I only recently decided to brush up on my blues playing as I've been a rocker all my life. It taught me a lot about guitar in the process. I really feel this song is suited to the UK as it has that classic brit feel to it, although the US isnt a bad idea either lol. I need to find a record co to get this song out!! Cheers, Luke

Hi Jim. Ty very much for your kind comments. I've never trained in audio engineering just dabbled until I got something..lol..was fooled by synthesizers back in 92 when I could have been playing my guitar instead..oh well, good things take time I guess =D> Cheers, Luke

I hear the Moody Blues...I like it!

Denny Laine-era MoodyBlues ('65-'66) it also sounds like it could be a Laine song out-take from Wings "Speed of Sound" or Venus And Mars" (Jimmy McCulloch used an early 70s SG Standard on those records)...a little bit of 70's Alvin Lee and some "Talk Is Cheap" ('88..."You Don't Move Me" in particular) Keith Richards in there too...nice work...lose the different guitar idea... 60s, 70s and 80s..you nailed it. Don't change anything.

Larens

Archived