Gibson Brands Forums

NEW SG

Gibson4life

Mmm that is nice. I am on an SG trip at the moment, I just love them. I don't think they've put out a faded '66 G400 before. Now, I'm not normally a stickler for neck binding, but I think that guitar would look fantastic with some neck binding. White binding that it. The fingerboard is of course bound in rosewood.

Wow ... not due out until after the first of the New Year ... I'm looking forward to seeing this one in person!

That'll actually make a total of FOUR colors that Epi is offering the '66 G400 in: cherry, silverburst, ebony and now the new walnut. I love the '66 myself because of the slimmer neck ... not to mention that great full-size pickguard. It's cool that Epiphone makes both available so players with different preferences can select rather than just settle.

Jim

Wow ... not due out until after the first of the New Year ... I'm looking forward to seeing this one in person!

That'll actually make a total of FOUR colors that Epi is offering the '66 G400 in: cherry' date=' silverburst, ebony and now the new walnut. I love the '66 myself [i']because[/i] of the slimmer neck ... not to mention that great full-size pickguard. It's cool that Epiphone makes both available so players with different preferences can select rather than just settle.

Jim

It was supposed to be out in January 2009.

That's this current year.

I've not seen hide or hair of it.

Archived