Gibson Brands Forums

Quick question about Lucille

Hey guys this is kinda out there but im kinda thinkn about it, I would like to buy maybe a used Lucille and maybe sand off the black finish, I am really after that guitar semi hollow with no f wholes, but I dont want the black color, do yall know if there is any sort of vinier on the top even though the guitar is painted black? or do you think it wouldnt be to hard to remove the paint and saint and refinsh one? thanks!

Yeah, I'd save a bit more, and find a good "used but not abused" Gibson "Lucille" in Cherry! OR....

you can sometimes find a ES-335 "Studio"...that has no "f" holes, as well. They're often quite reasonable

in price, too. I'd avoid trying to sand off, the poly...unless your really adept at all that entails, and patient!

Good luck!

CB

I'll vote no go on this one as well. The probability of taking off more than just finish is extremely high. The ONLY way you may be successful would be going by hand, very slowly, and I mean VERY. As a pro you couldn't pay me enough to do that job. Well, you could, but you could order a one just like that from Gibson or better for that price.

Archived