Gibson Brands Forums

NEGATIVE LES PAUL

sgguitarslinger

Hello I just bought the Negative Les Paul. At the L&m site and xmas flyer it says its a standard but the one i bought is a studio.

There is a screw up somewhere. The store in halifax says they are suppose to say studio. So if thats the case' date=' then maybe $580.00 is the wrong price. The studios list for $470.00. But it is a sweet sounding guitar sustains for a long time. And that is what counts. I also bought a wine red standard epi les paul all mahogany for $600.00. So like i say the negative les paul

should say standard not studio!![/quote']

Epi Negatives, from Lone & Mcquade Catalog. No Studio LP shown. (Std. LP only) Is there a Studio Model available? I'm unable to find much info on these guitars. The LP shown below does look more like a Studio than a Std.

Faded....

xmas-flyer-2009_final-2.jpg

Guest icantbuyafender

That LP has binding and inlays, therefore making it a LP std.

The 'buckers are uncovered. I like that. Evokes an LP "classic" vibe.

NEGATIVE EXPLORER.

Why the hell don't people who *want* these guitars get the chance to get them?

hdsjkbfakjhsbaghabsjdfls

So many guitars I would buy in a heartbeat (these negatives, the LP Custom Classic, etc) never have/had a chance in hell of touching these shores.

Oh dear! A big negative on those (just personal taste as usual). Not a fan of maple.

What next' date=' the Out-of-Focus series or perhaps a Dot with a huge finger obscuring most of it.

Happy snaps

7C[/quote']

:P !! now THATS funny.........

perhaps the all black for poor lighting??

maybe the "invert", or"poorly photoshopped" model with parts of the body/neck/headstock missing??

• 1 month later...

Cool looking guitar. How is the sound and feel of the maple fretboard. Is the board "finished"?

And as for the rest of the posters with their "ideas" for another uncommon axe................SIK!

I like the bad photoshop idea![biggrin]

HAPPY FREAKIN' NEW YEARS EVERYONE!

• 3 weeks later...
Cool looking guitar. How is the sound and feel of the maple fretboard. Is the board "finished"?

And as for the rest of the posters with their "ideas" for another uncommon axe................SIK!

I like the bad photoshop idea![confused]

HAPPY FREAKIN' NEW YEARS EVERYONE!

[/quoteThe fret board is sweet and fast. the neck is somewhat narrow and feels good and fast!! Awesome freeking guitar!!

I like the bad photoshop idea![confused]

HAPPY FREAKIN' NEW YEARS EVERYONE

the axe is totally kick ***!!

NEGATIVE EXPLORER.

Why the hell don't people who *want* these guitars get the chance to get them?

hdsjkbfakjhsbaghabsjdfls

So many guitars I would buy in a heartbeat (these negatives' date=' the LP Custom Classic, etc) never have/had a chance in hell of touching these shores.[/quote']

Yeah I'd say, for what is supposed to be a land down under we don't get much in the way of exotic (or cheap) guitars. The Rockshop is a rip-off, and there is no other major retailer!

Archived