Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone PR325? Anyone heard of it?

dozy

Hey,

I just bought a great sounding guitar that seems to not exist. The internet contains no information about this model. The sticker in the sound hole says PR325, the serial number is too short for EP serial number. It says Made in Korea (assume Peerless given the PR model designation)

The guitar looks identical to its cohort-mate the PR350 which is a look still carried by the DR series.

Anyone has heard of the 325? I touched it and I liked it. Then a friend of mine, a much better player, took hold of it, and the guitar sang arias .. it was astounding. And that was with a decade old strings!

Picture below.

Thanks

Dozy

16142_535618249614_4304000_31633637_2015305_n.jpg

(the pic is from the seller on Craigslist)

Any chance of a pic of the label' date=' I have never heard of this designation for this guiar.Ship[/quote']

Will do tonight after work.

It looks era appropriate - typewriter-ed model number and serial number on a label that says made in Korea.

Pic will be up tonight (hopefully I can find my camera)

Dozy

Really? YAY!! :)

BTW - is the neck adjustable (can it be taken off and reset on the PR and DR guitars? I Will be doing a setup on this baby and if I can, I would adjust the action too. She is a little bowed, so she will get the tuss rod adjusted, but other than that, she just needs a good cleaning and new stings. I will save a more advanced stuff like replacing the nut and the bridge with bone ones for later.

Archived