Gibson Brands Forums

Korina V Limited Edition White?

AlnicoFive

• 2 months later...

Yes. I have one on the way to me. If you do a google image search for

epiphone korina white flying

you'll see a pic of one. Click on it and it will take you to a thread on the harmony-central boards where a guy posts lots of really nice pics of his.

As far as I can tell this was a limited run done just for MusiciansFriend.com I know they were done in 2000. I don't know if they were offered after 2000 or not, and I don't (yet) know the numbers in which is was produced, but it was very limited. I had been searching eBay and for sale sites, etc. for around 18 months for one. In that time I've seen 2 for sale. Both were on eBay. The first one (18 months ago) I didn't have any extra money for. The one I just saw and won I happened to have just sold another guitar and had the cash so I jumped on it. Serendipity.

If I can find one, I'm thinking of replacing the mirrored pickguard & jack with an anodized gold one. Those mirror pickguards get scratched quite easily, so I will store it away for protection unless I happen to find another matching pickguard someplace...

If anyone knows the production run numbers and years, that would be great to know.

Archived