Gibson Brands Forums

ES-135 Blues machine

Swoop

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Music-instruments/Instruments/Guitar-bass/Electric-guitars/auction-254374770.htm

Spotted this just now, sure looks nice to me. I quite like the look of these single cutaways, and as much as I like the Dot in Cherry, this is a little different, and that appeals to me.

What do you guys reckon? Anyone got one of these?

I think I'll be keeping an eye on this one. I'm loving the blueburst, and it'd be nice to add somethign a bit different to the collection. My guitars at the moment consists of red or sunburst. Not that I mind that at all, but something in a different hue would be cool.

The guy wants the equivalent of 670 USD for buy it now!!!

That's a steal! The book value is between $1100 and $1400!!!

If I were you, I would buy it now, before someone else does...

Good luck!

EDIT:

Disregard this book value. It's for the model from GIBSON.

I didn't realize that Epiphone also made an ES-135...

Gimme $670 and I will buy it! My bank balance isn't too healthy at the moment. Hell, point me to any student who does have a healthy bank balance! Just had to get a couple of new tyres on my car. Wasn't unexpected, but that doesn't make it any cheaper! And I got a couple of other bills to pay, not to mention I should be saving some cash for university next year!

Bloody guitars always show up at the most inconvenient of times!

I played one of these for an afternoon while amp shopping a few months back. I liked it a lot...if I recall it was not a used model (so sitting in the store for a couple of years). It was $720 CAN...maybe I should head back to see if it is still lying around. Very nice guitar...

Wow, things really are expensive down under huh!?! I paid 1500 for my ES 137 Gibson here in NY! It's a similar guitar with obvious differences but one that it tons of fun to play! Here are a couple of pics:

es137top.jpg?t=1258466419

es137back.jpg?t=1258466446

Picture162.jpg?t=1258466472

Blue Bursts are sexy!

The guy wants the equivalent of 670 USD for buy it now!!!

That's a steal! The book value is between $1100 and $1400!!!

[cool] ME = illiterate moron B)

I didn't read that it was an EPIPHONE ES-135. (And I didn't know that such a guitar even existed...)

The book value I quoted is for the GIBSON model.

In other words, it's not the "steal" I claimed it was. I just hope you haven't sold your cats to buy it... B)

Gimme $670 and I will buy it! My bank balance isn't too healthy at the moment. Hell' date=' point me to any student who does have a healthy bank balance! Just had to get a couple of new tyres on my car. Wasn't unexpected, but that doesn't make it any cheaper! And I got a couple of other bills to pay, not to mention I should be saving some cash for university next year!

Bloody guitars always show up at the most inconvenient of times![/quote']

Me and you are in the same boat, Swoop. Being a college student blows! I don't know how many times I've been set back from purchasing my Vox AC30. Needed to fix my car, need to make a payment on my laptop I got for school, I got my cellphone stolen and I had to buy a new one, I need to save money for next semester.

:(

A Vox seems nothing but a fantasy right now.

Ah, student life. The sex, the drugs, the rock 'n' roll... You guys wait till you're paying off your student loans, trying to keep a business afloat and feed wife & offspring. I'm selling off anything that ain't tied down at the moment. Haven't got to the Epiphones yet. Anyway, isn't that ES135 a bit... blue?

I was actually being somewhat facetious. Sure, I've got a few bills at the moment, but other than that, I have a job that pays well, and I do ok. I don't know many other students who have several thousand dollars worth of guitars and amps. Well, just one amp. Not bragging or anything, just saying. Being almost completely socially inept, having few friends, and not having a girlfriend does have it's advantages! Sure saves me a hell of a lot of money for guitars! I am going to University next year though, so I do need to save some serious cash for that. I am planning to come out of there with just a small student loan, not a huge one like a lot of people.

Anyway, back to the guitar at hand. The auction has closed, and the seller has offered it, presumably to all interested parties, for $750NZ. Good price that I think. $50NZ less than the start price, but I still can't buy it! Not sure whether, if I did have the money, I'd buy that, or a Les Paul. I would love to have a nice Les Paul again, but given my leaning towards clean, clear, bluesy tones, the 135 would probably be better suited.

Same here. I've been paying my way through University since day one. I've had a steady job for about 2 and a half years now and I've got my fair share of responsibilities.

My sex, drugs, and rock and roll phase hit me a long time ago when I was about 16. Now, I've grown up a lot since then. I still rock and roll hard on occasion, but I'm nothing like the wild child I was in my early high school days.

If I was in your shoes Swoop, I would have just gone and bought it the 135. Though, I have a bad habit of buying things out of impulse at times.

I really don't have that much spare cash right now. And anyway, I want to get a nice, small, portable tube amp first. Got plenty of guitars to keep me going, just need an amp that's a bit easier to transport. A 410 isn't exactly easy on the back!

Archived