Gibson Brands Forums

dog ear where a soapbar goes?

fenrirlupus

That makes me happy, because if you look at that link someone posted with a dog ear to mini humbucker adapter... that ebay store also sells P90 TO FENDER STYLE SINGLE COIL adapters, which would allow me to use a q tuner pickup. I hope those are high quality, because one of those in the bridge position with an alumitone in the neck position would put me in complete tonal bliss... (if ignorance is bliss, it would put me in complete tonal ignorance!)

I really don't do much height adjustment, even with my humbuckers... And I doubt i'd really want to do too much adjustment that couldn't be done with pole pieces.

well actually' date=' if your gonna go with that adaptor, you will be able to adjust your fender style single coil beacuse it has the screw holes for it!!!! yea that alumitone and a hot single coil sounds pretty sweet[/quote']

Actually, the "hot single coil" in question, the q tuner, is a broadband pickup... It can sound like an acoustic... But they're only offered in single coil and humbucker size, not p90... So that explains the need for an adapter...

Archived