Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone oxblood, anyone?

unreal77

• 1 year later...

591995.jpg

I really dont like epi les pauls but this one, mmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!

My lovely wife gave me this guitar for my 50th birthday yesterday. My 1st impression was "Oh my *&^%$#@ God! The tone and resonance is amazing. I think the wrap around stop tail adds to the delicious tone I'm getting from the bridge pickup at high gain. The clean tone from the neck pickup is not as warm as my LP w/P-90s. It is more of a rock guitar in my opinion. I have several vintage Gibsons and this guitar feels and plays just as good and I still need to do the initial set-up! Out of the box, I am more than pleased!

My lovely wife gave me this guitar for my 50th birthday yesterday. My 1st impression was "Oh my *&^%$#@ God! The tone and resonance is amazing. I think the wrap around stop tail adds to the delicious tone I'm getting from the bridge pickup at high gain. The clean tone from the neck pickup is not as warm as my LP w/P-90s. It is more of a rock guitar in my opinion. I have several vintage Gibsons and this guitar feels and plays just as good and I still need to do the initial set-up! Out of the box, I am more than pleased!

Nice axe!!!! And a belated happy birthday!! You are now an official geezer...welcome to the club [biggrin]

Archived