Gibson Brands Forums

asinine posts

Bluemoon

Is it just me, or is the quality of this forum going down the toliet?

What is up with all the mouthy pre-pubescent Slash-worshipping members on this site?

There are a lot of younger members I respect on this forum (littlekenny being one of them). The rest need to learn to some restraint.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw this one coming. I appoligise for my Ibanez bashing, but I really dont see how Ive been rude. I havent called anyone names, sworn at them.

Dont say this thread isnt about me, or was it coincidence?

Wait pre-pubescent, I hope you had hit puberty by 15 :P

This topic seems to pop up from time to time.

Free speech, blah blah blah. Learn to avoid posts from the... less experienced... if they bother you.

Best advice I can give, as efforts by others who had this same concern were not successful.... apparently :P

The posts from the "less experienced" don't bother me. In fact, I've learnt a lot from them and welcome them. Asking questions is what this forum is about. I even enjoy LS-14's posts from time to time. I've even posted some basic/general questions myself.

But that's not what I am talking about.

I saw this one coming. I appoligise for my Ibanez bashing' date=' but I really dont see how Ive been rude. I havent called anyone names, sworn at them.

Wait pre-pubescent, I hope you had hit puberty by 15 :P[/quote']

Uh, beg to differ there Axl. You had a remark about the Squier guy, Skynyrd, and others who you obviously feel are inferior because they don't own a Gibson, or ask a question pertaining to something other than Gibson Les Paul. I feel that some of these people have legit questions, and you, and others (you all know who you are) have your little remarks. Some things are better left unsaid, and if you can't answer a question, or feel the thread is off topic, then stay out of it unless you have something constructive to say besides "Your a glue sniffer". Don't know really who said it, but you get the jist. And don't get me wrong, I'm not picking a fight here, but again, some things are better left unsaid. I don't own a Gibson...you gonna bash me too?

The posts from the "less experienced" don't bother me. In fact' date=' I've learnt a lot from them and welcome them. Asking questions is what this forum is about. I even enjoy LS-14's posts from time to time. I've even posted some basic/general questions myself.

But that's not what I am talking about. [/quote']

Yeah, I got your point. Let me explain. You use incendiary terms like "Mouthy" and "Pre-pubescent" to describe certain forum members. I realize that behavior pattern really amounts to a lack of life experience, and how to play well with others, so I use "less experienced". However, I don't quantify my description with age, as I find that to be less of a factor. I'd wager, in fact, that if you research you will find that our younger members are far more polite, on the whole, than some of our more seasoned and mature members.

Oh... and who their favorite guitar player is has absolutely no bearing on forum etiquette, so I realize that "Slash-worshipping" was really only meant as a slam. As I am not really concerened with what guitar player is some one's hero, that part is ignored in my comment.

Make sense now? Not bashing you bud... trying to help you find a peace with a situation that is not going to change for you.

Uh' date=' beg to differ there Axl. You had a remark about the Squier guy, Skynyrd, and others who you obviously feel are inferior because they don't own a Gibson, or ask a question pertaining to something other than Gibson Les Paul. I feel that some of these people have legit questions, and you, and others (you all know who you are) have your little remarks. Some things are better left unsaid, and if you can't answer a question, or feel the thread is off topic, then stay out of it unless you have something constructive to say besides "Your a glue sniffer". Don't know really who said it, but you get the jist. And don't get me wrong, I'm not picking a fight here, but again, some things are better left unsaid. I don't own a Gibson...you gonna bash me too?[/quote']

Right. It is not the questions that bother me. It is people responding to questions when they don't know what they are talking about. Keep your mouth shut if you can move the conversation forward. Just because you own a Gibson LP doesn't mean that you are a better guitar player or that you have the right to bash others because they own less-expensive brands.

I think most of the members here started the same way. When they were 14, 15 or so their parents bought them a cheap guitar. They played that for many years and slowly added to their collection. I appreciated the fact that there were good guitar makers out there that made affortable guitars. Ibanez was one of them. I had one in high school that rocked. I loved it. I wish had hadn't sold it.

Weren't we all young and dumb once. When I was in my teens, I know there were a couple of "older kid" guitar players that I probably drove nuts, but you have to start somewhere. For the most part this is a very friendly, helpful, and fun forum to hang around. It gives us a place to talk about Gibson guitars and stuff and goof off.

One of these youngsters we help around here might turn out to be the next Jimmy, Jimi, Eric, Duane, Slash or.... you know what I mean. Patience, patience.

I saw this one coming. I appoligise for my Ibanez bashing' date=' but I really dont see how Ive been rude. I havent called anyone names, sworn at them.

Wait pre-pubescent, I hope you had hit puberty by 15 :P[/quote']

I guess rude was too strong of a word. I just thought the way you bashed anything non-Gibson was very childish(well you're 15 anyway). I apologize if I had upset you.

Welp, in a nutshell, it aint the guitar, it's the person playing the guitar. But, to a lot of people, Gibson IS the "Holy Grail", and once they've achieved that, everything else is inferior, and anyone who doesn't own one is not "enlightened", is is fair game for insults, etc. I went to a club once, and this guy had an Affinity Strat, and that guy made that guitar talk. He was pretty damn good for someone owning an "inferior" guitar. Don't know if the guitar was modified or not, but nonetheless. And I stand corrected, it IS the guitar to an extent.

Yeah' date=' I got your point. Let me explain. You use incendiary terms like "Mouthy" and "Pre-pubescent" to describe certain forum members. I realize that behavior pattern really amounts to a lack of life experience, and how to play well with others, so I use "less experienced". However, I don't quantify my description with age, as I find that to be less of a factor. I'd wager, in fact, that if you research you will find that our younger members are far more polite, on the whole, than some of our more seasoned and mature members.

Oh... and who their favorite guitar player is has absolutely no bearing on forum etiquette, so I realize that "Slash-worshipping" was really only meant as a slam. As I am not really concerened with what guitar player is some one's hero, that part is ignored in my comment.

Make sense now? Not bashing you bud... trying to help you find a peace with a situation that is not going to change for you.

[/quote']

You are right. I shouldn't have used those terms. And I think I made it clear that a lot of the younger members are polite and have a lot to add. There are just a couple who seem to add very little. And the slash comment was meant to be a slam. I admit it.

And thanks for the offer to help me find peace. But really, I don't need it.

The forum should be for people over 18 only... the others should have to lurk in the epi forums till they reach the age to come here. In fact, they shouldnt sell Gibsons to kids under 18... just epis.

I'm just kidding.

I know what you mean Bluemoon, and I think I kind of agree with you.

a remark about the Squier guy' date=' ... I feel that some of these people have legit questions, and you, and others (you all know who you are) have your little remarks. Some things are better left unsaid, and if you can't answer a question, or feel the thread is off topic, then stay out of it unless you have something constructive to say I don't own a Gibson...you gonna bash me too?[/quote']

Aight.

Walk into ANY... and I mean ANY business and start your conversation with "Your Product sucks and this known cheaper, competitive product is better" and see how folks react.

Need help on the side of the road? Start your conversation with "Your Jaguar sucks and my Yugo rocks. What gives?"

How about the next time you go out to eat some place nice, tell everyone in the restraunt "This food sucks and McDonald's is better. What gives?" (even if it's true... see what reaction you get...)

Really... this isn't rocket science, and the Squire guy proved with his other posts that he wasn't looking for your help... he was ragging on Les Pauls in the Les Paul forum. Are you sure you want to keep defending that?

Because, quite frankly, I'll stand behind my eloquent and incredibly sarcastic post in that thread all day long. I maintain it was a stupid thing to do, especially if you had a legitimate question.

Not to take away from your point by any means though G&F... EVERYONE needs to be polite all the time. It comes with being evolved as a society. I'm just not gonna take any sh!t for the "pOrbital flaming first post". It was a bonehead move.

The forum should be for people over 18 only... the others should have to lurk in the epi forums till they reach the age to come here. In fact' date=' they shouldnt sell Gibsons to kids under 18... just epis.

I'm just kidding.

I know what you mean Bluemoon, and I think I kind of agree with you.[/quote']

I agree, there is nothing wrong with someone of a young age owning a gibson. But appreciate how lucky you are and appreciate that not everyone can afford to buy one. There are a lot of people who visit this forum who come here because they want to or plan to own one. Treat them with some respect.

And just because you own a gibosn it doen't make you an expert. I am still learning a ton about my Gibson. I turn to people like Thundergod and Cudamax and Aaresz and others for help because they know what they hell they are talking about. And you will rarely hear those guys trash someone for wanting to buy a lesser guitar.

He called me a ****** Chan . Go Get Him .

And I voted for you over Clapton too!!

My sincerest hope is that he will weather the storm as LS-14 has and become an acceptable part of our dysfunctional forum family O:).

Really... this isn't rocket science' date=' and the Squire guy proved with his other posts that he wasn't looking for your help... he was ragging on Les Pauls in the Les Paul forum. Are you sure you want to keep defending that?

Because, quite frankly, I'll stand behind my eloquent and incredibly sarcastic post in that thread all day long. I maintain it was a stupid thing to do, [i']especially[/i] if you had a legitimate question.

That thread didn't bother me. I never referenced it. The guy deserved it what he got because his approach sucked. I never defended him.

Archived