Gibson Brands Forums

asinine posts

Bluemoon

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And thanks for the offer to help me find peace. But really' date=' I don't need it. [/quote']

Dude... this entire thread is about you trying to find a peace with it. You really don't see that?

wow.

Aight.

Walk into ANY... and I mean ANY business and start your conversation with "Your Product sucks and this known cheaper' date=' competitive product is better" and see how folks react.

Need help on the side of the road? Start your conversation with "Your Jaguar sucks and my Yugo rocks. What gives?"

How about the next time you go out to eat some place nice, tell everyone in the restraunt "This food sucks and McDonald's is better. What gives?" (even if it's true... see what reaction you get...)

Really... this isn't rocket science, and the Squire guy proved with his other posts that he wasn't looking for your help... he was ragging on Les Pauls in the Les Paul forum. Are you sure you want to keep defending that?

Because, quite frankly, I'll stand behind my eloquent and incredibly sarcastic post in that thread all day long. I maintain it was a stupid thing to do, [i']especially[/i] if you had a legitimate question.

Not to take away from your point by any means though G&F... EVERYONE needs to be polite all the time. It comes with being evolved as a society. I'm just not gonna take any sh!t for the "pOrbital flaming first post". It was a bonehead move.

I musta missed the L.P. bash...went right over my head, either that, or I'm just too eager to help?

Haha' date=' go the Irish, Im sure Im around 1/3rd.[/quote']

I'm part Irish too! Isn't everyone?

on the subject, I really can't think of many of us "pre-pubescent" and "mouthy" "less experienced" kids making many rude comments. I make an effort to answer all questions to the extent of my ability and be polite while doing it. The "glue sniffing" remark was actually made by Tim A but it was not "you glue sniffer" it was something along the lines of "somebodys been sniffing glue" referring to someone's friend saying that a cheap guitar was better than a Les Paul I believe. Just $.02 from a "mouthy" "pre-pubescent" "less experienced" teenager.

Once upon a time Little Red Riding Hood was walking through the forest to her grandmother's house. She was carrying a basket full of wonderful goodies for her and her grandmother to eat... she also had a big gun to protect herself in the woods.

One day Little Red Riding Hood came upon a fox. The fox looked at Little Red and says "Little Red Riding Hood, what are you doing walking in the forest by yourself? You know if the wolf catches you, he will rip your clothes off and fondle your breasts."

Little Red sighs and smiles at the fox and slowly opens her basket and shows the fox her gun and says, "No he won't. See? I have a gun to protect myself." She smiles and skips away from the fox to her grandmother's house.

Little Red gets deep within the forest when she comes upon a bear who wanders up to her and smells the yummy food in the basket, then thinks to himself for a second and says, "What are you, stupid, Little Red? You know if the wolf catches you alone in the forest, he's going to rip your clothes off and grope your behind."

Little Red shows the bear the big gun in her basket and smiles, "No he won't, I have a big gun in my basket. See? Nothing can harm me." Little Red smiles and skips to grandmother's house.

Little Red finally makes it to grandmother's house and knocks on the door. No one answers, so she goes right in. She walks to the bed, sees the wolf and screams as the wolf yells, "Little Red Riding Hood, I am going to rip your clothes off and give you the business real good!"

The wolf reaches out to her but Little Red smiles, pulls out her gun and yells, "No you're not! You're going to eat me, just like it says in the book!"

Just trying to lighten the mood! eusa_dance.gif

on the subject' date=' I really can't think of many of us "pre-pubescent" and "mouthy" "less experienced" kids making many rude comments. I make an effort to answer all questions to the extent of my ability and be polite while doing it. The "glue sniffing" remark was actually made by Tim A but it was not "you glue sniffer" it was something along the lines of "somebodys been sniffing glue" referring to someone's friend saying that a cheap guitar was better than a Les Paul I believe. Just $.02 from a "mouthy" "pre-pubescent" "less experienced" teenager. [/quote']

Mash. Re-read my post bud. You are certainly not amongst the "less experienced" O:). Age has nothing to do with it.

on the subject' date=' I really can't think of many of us "pre-pubescent" and "mouthy" "less experienced" kids making many rude comments. I make an effort to answer all questions to the extent of my ability and be polite while doing it. The "glue sniffing" remark was actually made by Tim A but it was not "you glue sniffer" it was something along the lines of "somebodys been sniffing glue" referring to someone's friend saying that a cheap guitar was better than a Les Paul I believe. Just $.02 from a "mouthy" "pre-pubescent" "less experienced" teenager. [/quote']

I made it clear that there were a lot of younger members who contributed a lot to this forum and that I have a ton of respect for and that make this forum so good.

I made it clear that there were a lot of younger members who contributed a lot to this forum and that I have a ton of respect for and that make this forum so good.

Just making sure I wasn't grouped in with them.

i think this post is asinine.

no offense, but there is waaaaaay more good going on on this site than bad.

you have to roll with it like everyone else. if you entcounter someone less experienced giving invalid advice, contradict them! and if their being smart a$$es ignore 'em. if you feed into it they win. (the terrorists that is!)

you certainly aren't going to change it my friend.

i think this post is asinine.

no offense' date=' but there is waaaaaay more good going on on this site than bad.

you have to roll with it like everyone else. if you entcounter someone less experienced giving invalid advice, contradict them! and if their being smart a$$es ignore 'em. if you feed into it they win. (the terrorists that is!)

you certainly aren't going to change it my friend.[/quote']

You are right--my post is asinine and there is way more good going on than bad. There were a couple of recent posts by certain members that set me off. And I don't thing my post will change it. But hopefully a few poeple might think twice before mouthing off.

No' date=' your poll was fine. It is some of the bashing of non-LP owners that goes on within threads that set me off. [/quote']

For a long time I was on this thread I didn't have a LP.

The people that annoy me are the ones that just come here to make one post then leave.

Or the ones that sell stuff.

Now, if you can imagine this, the whole world sharing one big kiss

These are thoughts all through my brain, that I daydream everyday

That I'm alive and well, and right now, I'm alive, I'm feeling...well

It's my life to live my way, so I'll keep daydreaming away

And who knows, maybe someday, it will all come true

And I will get my way, and we will live as one

I'm caught up in a dream, I'm gonna wish for it all

No one's gonna tell me how, no way, this is my dream now

I'm caught up in what seems simply impossible

I ain't gonna change a thing, no way, it's my dream

And what cannot will be done, for every living thing under the sun