Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Pickguard screw size

vipe155

This is a fairly unimportant question, but I have a Epi Wilshire that was missing a screw in the pickguard when I got it. What would the best way to go about getting another one be? Does anyone know about what size the screw is that I could find a replacement?

This is a fairly unimportant question' date=' but I have a Epi Wilshire that was missing a screw in the pickguard when I got it. What would the best way to go about getting another one be? Does anyone know about what size the screw is that I could find a replacement?

[/quote']

I would remove another screw, go to a well stocked hardware store of your choosing, and find one that approximates it - ask for help there, if need be. I have a local mom'n'pop place stocked to the ceiling with all sorts of small bits, fasteners, odds and ends .... great place to hit up asThe Home Depot is usually of no help to me on stuff like that....

Well, in the town of 20,000 I live in we basically have an Ace Hardware and a Lowes. I can try those places, but I kind of doubt they will have something small enough. I don't know if metric vs. standard applies here, but I guess these would be metric if it did.

I do believe that Epi's use a standard Strat sized one, which is a bit bigger than the Gibson ones. However, it's once again an area of inconsistency. My Firebird uses the smaller Gibson ones. However my G400 uses the larger strat ones. Just get several of both. Always good to have a spare lying around, and you never know when you might need some of either size.

Just get several of both. Always good to have a spare lying around' date=' and you never know when you might need some of either size.[/quote'] This is true ..... to quote the Boy Scouts, iirc .... "Be prepared" - not to mention, if you have spares, the less likely it seems you'll need one....life's funny that way. LOL. Sure works that way mountainbiking [confused]

Archived