Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MaxHart85231281734137

New GFS Xavier guitar!

I've heard good things about them. Most of them will make a good base anyway, a few upgrades will turn them into pretty good guitars. And expect to do a bit of setup work when you get one. But hey, most guitars tend to need some setting up for your preferences anyway.

http://store.guitarfetish.com/xvfltrp9soas.html

I love that. Except for the poor wood matching. In that case I'd be inclined to go with the cream model.

http://store.guitarfetish.com/xvoffltrp90p.html

Cream and tortoise shell is one of my favourite combos. Though I'd be inclined to swap the pickguard out with a proper Fender one. The tortoise shell that Fender uses is gorgeous. Of course a proper Fender Jazzmaster has 3 rocker switches and the P90s mount a bit differently, so that could cause some problems. Maybe a custom made jobby would have to be ordered.

I'm diggin' them !!! .....epsecially w/P-90s..... Reminds me somewhat of my first guitar (a Harmony Bobkat H-15 w/single coil gold foil DeArmond pups, back in the late '60's)

H15GS_Bobkat.jpg

This was goin to be my next and first build from warmoth' date=' a jag body with tele parts looks like GFS beat me to it..

[/quote']

Without wanting to sound like some snob there is no comparing a Warmoth with GFS/Xaviere.

Without wanting to sound like some snob there is no comparing a Warmoth with GFS/Xaviere.

yea I realize this but im just a broke $ss college student so, this might have to come first, and then Ill have some left over cash to mod it out with

and Unreal77 sorry about that man................I cant help it

Rondo SX guitars have some problems, and even Kurt admits their quality control is not nearly as good as Agile. Here's a thread with a review of an SX I sent back, see post #54:

http://forums.epiphone.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=11042&p=3

Personally, I'd wait and save up enough for a used MIM tele or strat.. You'll still want to swap out the PUPs, but you'll also be much more likely to be happy with it long term...

Rondo SX guitars have some problems' date=' and even Kurt admits their quality control is not nearly as good as Agile. Here's a thread with a review of an SX I sent back, see post #54:

[/quote']

The Agiles are quite good, though. I love my AD-2300.

The SX's do have a kind of cheap vibe to them. I wouldn't buy one.

Has anyone on this forum actually bought an Xavier guitar?

I've been looking at them too, and it would sure be nice to

get some feedback. I really like the semi hollow Les Paul/Wildkat style guitar.

I bought a Xaviere XV-560. I seem to be real easy to sucker into believing hyped up reviews on guitars that are cheaper and superior over an Epiphone. My bad...

I bought a Xaviere XV-560. I seem to be real easy to sucker into believing hyped up reviews on guitars that are cheaper and superior over an Epiphone. My bad...

can you give more detail on whtat issues you had. I have been thinking of getting one too and really do not want to waste the time, money if they are not worth it. It also, does not help me when you send in a question to them and you get a snoby response. I like their pups, but boy what attitudes.

true but what does that have to do with the new xavier guitar?

Well ahh, it's a tremolo that fits on a solid-body guitar? And I had never heard of it? And it might look good on an Agile...or a Xavier?

can you give more detail on whtat issues you had. I have been thinking of getting one too and really do not want to waste the time' date=' money if they are not worth it. It also, does not help me when you send in a question to them and you get a snoby response. I like their pups, but boy what attitudes.[/quote']

Sure... http://epi.p3net.net/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1541

Sorry, the links to the pics are broken.