Gibson Brands Forums

Wildkat has to go................

sledge57

I hate the thought of selling this but I have a big dentist bill (broken tooth) I have to pay and I just dropped $500 at the vet.

Plus the wife has been nagging about all the guitars (only have 5) but I promissed to sell one when I got the Telecaster bawling.gif

I won't sell the Tele and I can't bring myself to sell the Sherri and the others just won't get me what I need, so.......................

http://forums.epiphone.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=144850post144850

Sledge, sorry to her about having to sell the guitar. We've recently accrued some pretty hefty vet bills as well, but I couldnt get squat for my cheap guitars, so that wasnt on the table...basses not included. They stay no matter what.

Anyway, the next time you have to drop mega $$$ at the vet...or even the regular Dr., check this out. Of course, I'm a couple G's in the hole and only have a dead cat to show for it, but at least the option was there.

http://www.carecredit.com/

It's for humans and pets.

Oh, man ..... sorry to hear that turn of events - your 'kat has the coolest finish I've ever seen on one..... if only, if only, IF ONLY I had some $$$ left in the slush fund !!! I wish you luck in getting what you want for her, and sorry you have to let her go ...

Yeah that stinks about having to part with your WILDKAT. I know what you mean about the wife nagging about the gear. My studio is in our basement and it is also our sleeping quarters. I still have some of my gear boxes. Alot of gear is stashed in the boxes,Pedals,etc. I recently got a Bullet Coil cable (AWESOME!). She didn't even notice the difference from this and my Monster cable or Fender Tweed cable, and was watching me play. I tried not to laugh. I'm Terrible, sorry. I only have three guitars,but four amps. My newest amp is my Epi Blues Custom 30. I had it shipped to where I work and we both work at the same company, Well after work she got in my Jeep Liberty and turned around and said"Whats That?" I just bit my lip and said "My new amp". Our drive home is 30 minutes. I can' repeat here what she said. Shes over it now.. Sorry to hear of your situation. Keep your gear boxes. They are great hiding places!!!:-

[confused]

NEVER promise your wife you'll get rid of something' date=' she'll always hold you to it.

NEVER trust that your wife will get rid of something when she promises to, if you hold her to it, she'll never let you forget about it.[/quote']

It's more about needing the $$ than the promise, but it will kill 2 birds with one stone.

Hopefully things improve at work and we get some of our benefits back, going to re-evaluate in January............

All you young single fellas --- pay attention to this stuff! And if you're ever tempted to propose to some young lady' date=' remember, you were warned![/quote']

Or better yet, the Pre-Nup Clause:

It is agreed and understood by both parties, that G.A.S. attacks are unavoidable. unplannable, and undeniable. Therefor, both parties agree and understand that when a G.A.S. attack happens it must be fulfilled. It is further agreed that the party who witnesses said G.A.S. attack cannot and will not harrass, complain, *****, or otherwise verbally, physically or psychologically cause harm or abuse to the party who has no choice but to satisfy said G.A.S. attack.

Signed, dated

This is why I'm still single. Complete autonomy over my guitar collection and my finances, plus disposable income.

I'd buy it if I didn't already have one. And if it was black. Very nice looking finish though, I must say. Can't believe you're selling that one, personally I'd be dumping one of your other guitars but oh well...

Archived