Gibson Brands Forums

A little tube amp.

Justadennis

How about back on Topic??? LOL!

I suggest a "Blues Junior!" Great little amp' date=' that you can gig with,

in bars and small clubs, no problem at all! Or, it's little brother,

the "Pro Junior." Other's here, have had good things to say about

the smaller Epi tube amps, too. And, to the best of my knowledge,

there's no controversy, with their logos?!! ;>b ;>)

CB[/quote']

What? A BLUES Jr? Isn't the BLUES the devils' music? At least my grandmother said so...and she's from Mississippi....

Now the Pro Jr., I guess that is good....

wait....

What exactly do you mean by "PRO???"

Jeff

As a true rookie with a true lack of knowledge the blackheart seemed like it offeres a pretty nice tone. I currently use a Vox ad30vt but am looking for a small tube amp. The Marshall Class5 seems pretty excellent as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnCuTw5uYyM

6 months ago i bought VOX VT30. Now i think that the only useful thing it had was a 12AX7 in it.

@MaxHart8523

the advert video is what i am looking at. it confirms my understanding of the concept of what a "blackheart" is. kinda nailed it with what's called a "discerning spirit." this is a gift.

@jwalin

the thing to be is to be is holy. some things truely are unholy.

holy="Set apart to the service or worship of God; hallowed; sacred; reserved from profane or common use; holy vessels; a holy priesthood. Spiritually whole or sound; of unimpaired innocence and virtue; free from sinful affections; pure in heart; godly; pious; irreproachable; guiltless; acceptable to God."

i think you should leave it there as it's cooked. i have said all i need to!

they do offer a good set of amps for the money. the 1 watt is cool as is the 5 watt but no longer for me. this is a personal choice.

i do want a little tube amp. i am using a podxt into a marshall mg10 into a 15" pa. it does sound great but i have no tubes!

Guest icantbuyafender
thanks for posting that! (paruwi6172) i was at odds with the name "blackheart" i took excpetion to a lot of rondo's stuff based on the symbols used on their guitars. but then i still had passing thoughts on the amp. well' date=' now the add prooves my original thought about what it truely represents. i have made my mind up not to go anywhere near a company who sells products, using adverts, on the basis of selling your soul to the devil. a few short years for an eternal damnation? no thanks. (religious concept met by the other side! don't get upset. i am just redressing the balance.)

i would point to a cheaper product here:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_ga5h.htm for £65

or maybe the amp i'll get later:

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/product/40751-marshall-haze-15-15-watt-valve-head-.html/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=base

a much, much better amp![/quote']

Its all in good fun. Never was meant to invoke this sort of discussion.

Dont let YOUR assumption deter others from making a smart purchase on a value packed amp head or combo. They are more than affordable and worth the cash.

The BH mojo is supposed to one of "yeah Im a weekend rockstar, and proud of it"

and i had seem an amp like that harley benton on a similar site.... it was the basic valve jr only in black...

i really want one of those but where to find one in america....

Its all in good fun. Never was meant to invoke this sort of discussion.

Dont let YOUR assumption deter others from making a smart purchase on a value packed amp head or combo. They are more than affordable and worth the cash.

The BH mojo is supposed to one of "yeah Im a weekend rockstar' date=' and proud of it"

and i had seem an amp like that harley benton on a similar site.... it was the basic valve jr only in black...

i really want one of those but where to find one in america....

[/quote']

I think i read some where that the VJ's are exactly the Harley Benton except with a extra tone nobe, and that they were made in the same factory along with one other amp sold in europe not sure of the name tho

What? A BLUES Jr? Isn't the BLUES the devils' music? At least my grandmother said so...and she's from Mississippi....

Now the Pro Jr.' date=' I guess that is good....

wait....

What exactly do you mean by "PRO???"

Jeff

[/quote']

Ha ha ha i'm still laughing..:) :- [biggrin]

Guest icantbuyafender
i point to the hb's as they are £30 or cheaper than a similar epiphone and with a tone control. i also like the colour. i have just have a vintage white (kinda cream) strat so i was wanting to match the 2. i just wish i could have one this side of christmas![biggrin]

christmas?

whats that?

...damn bible-thumpin' holidays... :-

just messin' ole buddy. :) LOL

I would love to give HB a sincere try. It can only be as good or better than the VJr.

My money is on better.

Speaking of which, how the heck can I get one of those over here in the USA?

Ha ha ha i'm still laughing..[biggrin] :- [biggrin]

My grandmother is actually from Mississippi, as are both my partents, and my sisters, and, well, me.

And she did actually say that when my dad was young....he played in a band called the Weejuns, or Ouijuns, or something that sounds like 'we-juns' I saw pictures.....classic!

I think anybody who pays any real attention to advertising, or logos on all this stuff is taking things too seriously, and needs to get their head around the truth.

extremism, regardless of the source, is always B A D.

Jeff

Archived