Gibson Brands Forums

50th Anniversary 59 Les Paul for 2009

canon_mutant

Any scuttlebutt on whether there will be a 50th anniversary 59 Les Paul next year? Though the wife might leave me over the no doubt high cost [truth be known she's quite supportive of this particular addiction], I just got the AL ES-355 and we're still married. I am turning 50 myself next year though. You can guess where this is going . . . A 50th Anniversary 59 Les Paul for my 50th. Has a nice sound to it, don't ya think?

just curious what others have heard. . .

Cannon,

I have no doubt there will be a 50th anniv R9.................and you HAVE to get one!

Too many 50's for you not to get one.

The question on everyone's mind is.........will it get a Brazilian board................?

Personally, I don't think Gibson will use it................I think they will honor their pact to not use Brazilian Rosewood.

...................however, they do have some Brazilian Rosewood laying around................

ADMIN: Do you know when they will release the info?

It would be great if they did it the right way with no sheath over the Trussrod, used Hide glue to glue the FB down, Nylon 6 nut, real celluloid inlays, correct colour pickup rings, pickguard/plastic, etc., a non-wire ABR-1, steel stoptail bushings and studs and made the damn TRC with the correct bevel.

Archived