Gibson Brands Forums

Hey guys, I know how much we all love our Sheraton's..

Svet

So I thought we should start another one of "those" threads! Why do I love my Sherry you ask? Well, for one thing, she is just a beautiful guitar! The craftsmanship and materials that were used in creating her stack up nicely to my Gibson's! The mini humbuckers are very versatile and sound great through all of my amps regardless of the settings. I can easily go from high gain R&R to super low bass Jazzy runs and she never skips a beat. Why do you love you Sherry and post some pictures!! Here is mine:

sheraton1-1.jpg?t=1260025920

sheraton2.jpg?t=1260025946

fholes-1.jpg?t=1260025966

Well, here's my AUSA Sheraton II...AGAIN. LOL!

DSC_0235.jpg

DSC_0236.jpg

DSC_0237.jpg

DSC_0238.jpg

Why do I "Love it?" Well....just look at it! What's not to love?! ;>) Seriously though, I love

the tone, of the Mini's, the neck, the feel, and that "plain top" beauty, in a world of figured

topped Les Pauls...or even 335's. I've never really cared for semi's with figured tops, for some

unknown reason. I do like them, on Les Pauls, however. Anyway...the "Sheri" can do it all,

and very well, too. It really IS an awesome Epi model.

CB

My pic doesn't do mine justice.

This is the second "nice" guitar I bought. First was a PRS. I've already parted ways with the PRS but I can't imagine selling the Sheri until the day comes I decide to quit altogether.

I also got my LP Jr cheap for buying the PRS and every time I play it, I like it more and more and have it on the "do not sell" list also.

I was wondering, I don't see binding on the "f" holes in the other pics like mine has.

Did the early ones not have bound "f" holes or are they just not showing up in the pics?

Sherri-1.jpg

Beautiful guitars guys!! I agree CB, I thought there would be more interest in this topic! Hey CB, is that USA Sherry a faded or satin type finish? It doesn't have much of a gloss look in those pictures. She is a looker though and I would love one of those!

No, Svet...it's glossy, Nitro. I used "bounce" flash, on the camera, and it's reflecting the ceiling...so

there are no real "specular" highlights, to accentuate the glossy finish. But, I (personally) like

broader lighting and less harshness (generally, but not always) for my guitar "snaps." It (usually)

allows for more open detail, and softer shadows. It can...at times, be deceptive, as in this case.

But, it's plenty glossy...just not quite like a "poly" finish is.

CB

My pic doesn't do mine justice.

This is the second "nice" guitar I bought. First was a PRS. I've already parted ways with the PRS but I can't imagine selling the Sheri until the day comes I decide to quit altogether.

I also got my LP Jr cheap for buying the PRS and every time I play it' date=' I like it more and more and have it on the "do not sell" list also.

[b']I was wondering, I don't see binding on the "f" holes in the other pics like mine has.

Did the early ones not have bound "f" holes [/b]or are they just not showing up in the pics?

Sherri-1.jpg

The original (Vintage USA), Elitist, and AUSA don't have (never did) bound "f" holes. I think that

started in Japan (Matsumoku or Aria era?), then to Korea, and China.

CB

Archived